Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended

I'm trying to be able to print wireless from a laptop to my new HP2540 ALL IN ONE. Where do I find the IP ,address on the printer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi illini4ever,

Here are some links that might help:

Printing Self-Test Pages

Installing the Printer Software for a Wireless Network Connection

As for that 192.168.223.1 IP address you posted in the title, that looks to be something from a feature called "Wireless Direct".  I don't know if that's the full connection, but here's some info on it too: HP Printers - Wireless Printing from a Laptop, Phone, or Tablet

That being said, if after trying all of this doesn't help connect your printer to your router, you can contact HP support or find the local telephone number for your country here: http://welcome.hp.com/country/w1/en/support.html Please look for the category "Technical Support After you Buy"

*** If my reply was helpful, please click on the "Kudos Thumbs-Up" on the right, as a way to say "Thanks!".

If this reply also fixed your issue - please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so that others can find the same answer. ***

View solution in original post

46 REPLIES 46
HP Recommended

Hi illini4ever,

Here are some links that might help:

Printing Self-Test Pages

Installing the Printer Software for a Wireless Network Connection

As for that 192.168.223.1 IP address you posted in the title, that looks to be something from a feature called "Wireless Direct".  I don't know if that's the full connection, but here's some info on it too: HP Printers - Wireless Printing from a Laptop, Phone, or Tablet

That being said, if after trying all of this doesn't help connect your printer to your router, you can contact HP support or find the local telephone number for your country here: http://welcome.hp.com/country/w1/en/support.html Please look for the category "Technical Support After you Buy"

*** If my reply was helpful, please click on the "Kudos Thumbs-Up" on the right, as a way to say "Thanks!".

If this reply also fixed your issue - please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so that others can find the same answer. ***
HP Recommended

How do I get IP address for installing new printer ??

HP Recommended

Hi Pedamoires,

To install a printer wirelessly, you will need to connect it to your home router.

Some printers have a wireless wizard on their front panel that connects, others need to be setup using a computer and a USB cable.

Here are some links below to help get you started:

Wireless Printer Installation Troubleshooting

Find the wireless network password or PIN to connect an HP printer

Installing the Printer Software on a Wireless or Wired (Ethernet) Network

HP Recommended

good

HP Recommended

I CAN'T PRINT NOTHING I DID CONNECT TOO LAPTOP WIFF  NO PRINT PLS

HP Recommended

Hello HPNEFISA,

I understand you're unable to print a document. I will do my best to assist you! First, I need to find out what type of printer do you have? HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number?

What is your operating system on your computer? Windows or Mac?

Did you install the full feature software on your computer?

Please verify this information and I will assist you further. Have a great night! Smiley Happy

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

la vida te da vuelta 

HP Recommended

I have the same problem!

HP Recommended

i have tried everything to get it to connect to my ho wifi printer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.