Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Tutor
Message 1 of 1 (316 Views)

2-sided glossy paper for book illustrations?

Hello all,

I need to find a great 2-sided paper that is a good weight/thickness for photo illustrations inside a book. I'd prefer glossy if possible..though most seem to be only semi-gloss...because I really want the richness and depth of color that I've achieved in glossy prints.

I hope to be able to print on both sides of 13x19" paper and then cut that down to become 8 front-and-back 6x9" pages. But the most important thing for now is find a paper that works well with my HP Photosmart B8550 and is not too heavy and not too thin. Regular photo paper is really to thick for pages inside a book, but I've tested a 7mil sheet that might work. But I don't really know what the right type of paper would be for the kind of inside pages you would normally find in a book of photographic illustrations or an illustrated children's book, etc. I'd go thicker before I'd go thinner if I had too, but it's the color reproduction and 'pop' that I'm looking for more than anything.

Cost, as always, is a major factor. I'd prefer a true HP paper, but I'd be glad to hear experiences with other brands of paper if anyone wants to make recommendations. With 20 full color illustrations, it's a balance of getting the quality I want at a workable cost to keep the total book cost from skyrocketing. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris L.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation