cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
quade
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

2050 - which cartridge ? 122, 61 or 301 ?

I just bought a 2050 all in one here in Kenya

On the box it says i need the 122 cartridges

However, i cannot get these 122 cartridges in the UK (where i am from originally) 

When i use the HP software to buy new cartridges

in >Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers\HP Deskjet 2050 J510 series

It is saying I need the 61 cartridges

however, when i try a google for "HP 2050 cartridges" in the UK most websites say I need the 301 cartridges

1. Are these all the same

2. Which ones can i use with my printer

Very confusing for the customer!! not impressed at how much headache this is for me (my first HP product)

Anyone would have thought you'd have just standardised the whole thing??!!

The 122 cartridges are hard to find here, when you do find them, they are very expensive.

I assumed i could just pick these up in the UK and just bring them back with me, but I don't want to get the wrong ones

Please advise which ones will work with this printer

Thanks

Mark

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Level 6 Kryten
Level 6
437 437 37 86
Message 2 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi Mark,

Some printers and cartridges are customised to local country needs.  This is the case in your situation.  You will need to contact HP to get assistance for your situation.  Please go to the following link:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02558798

This should solve your issue.

>(I am an HP employee) I am not a expert on all our products, but I'll do my best to help you.
If my answer was helpful please click the Thumbs Up.
If your problem is solved please click the Accept as Solution button so other forum users can use the solution.---->

0 Kudos
Level 16
Level 16
32,764 26,136 2,387 8,130
Message 3 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

The printer you have will need 122 cartridges.  If you bought the printer in Kenya and moved back to the UK you could  Contact HP to request a "Regionalization Reset". There should not be any charge for this, it is covered as part of the cartridge warranty. You will need to have access to your computer and printer while on the line with HP. You will also need to have a set of cartridges for the new region, once the reset is complete cartridges from the original region will no longer work.  HP's web page on the subject is here.

The regionalization reset will not be available if you bought the printer in Kenya and just want to purchase cartridges from a different region.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

elizabethperkin
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

How do I email a page

0 Kudos
Level 16
Level 16
Message 5 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@elizabethperkin wrote:

How do I email a page

Please read this post then provide some details.  What operating system?  What exactly are you trying to do?  Do you want to email a scanned page, a web page or ???

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

0 Kudos
pittsteven
Level 1
3 3 0 2
Message 6 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi there, would be great if you could help me with the same issue. Purchased a Deskjet 2050 (CH350D) in China and have moved to France. Same error with the French Cartidges (which are the correct ones I'm sure, 301). I'm going round in circles trying to find support for the product in any country. HP only seem to support tablets and calculators in China... Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Steve Also, it's about 6 months out of warranty and it came here by air-freight so the old cartidges were removed! Think I'm screwed, better just buy a new one eh?

0 Kudos
Level 16
Level 16
Message 7 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@pittsteven wrote:

Hi there, would be great if you could help me with the same issue. Purchased a Deskjet 2050 (CH350D) in China and have moved to France. Same error with the French Cartidges (which are the correct ones I'm sure, 301). I'm going round in circles trying to find support for the product in any country. HP only seem to support tablets and calculators in China... Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Steve Also, it's about 6 months out of warranty and it came here by air-freight so the old cartidges were removed! Think I'm screwed, better just buy a new one eh?

In France you will need the 301 cartridges, but you will need to have the region changed by calling HP France Support. 

You will need to Contact HP to request a "Regionalization Reset". There should not be any charge for this, it is covered as part of the cartridge warranty. You will need to have access to your computer and printer while on the line with HP. You will also need to have a set of cartridges for the new region, once the reset is complete cartridges from the original region will no longer work.  HP's web page on the subject is here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

pittsteven
Level 1
3 3 0 2
Message 8 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

OK, thanks! Will give that a go. Will test my poor French skills!

pittsteven
Level 1
3 3 0 2
Message 9 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Just to follow-up, HP managed to find a French support person who spoke English and re-regionalisation is done (15 mins on the phone and using a remote session). Even though we did not have the original cartidges it was still possible to print out the tech details page. Thanks again for your advice. Cheers, Steve

0 Kudos
Printer-Friendl
2 2 0 0
Message 10 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Guys never buy HP printer. I just thowed the HP printer in to garbage. Catridge model varies based on countries to confuse the customer. Buy samsung and enjoy low cost good quality printer.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation