Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (745 Views)

2055dn printer stopped working on Windows XP side after upgrading VMWare Fusion and Mac OS

I have a 2007-vintage iMac on which I run VMWare Fusion so I can use Windows programs.  My virtual machine is running Windows XP.  My HP 2055dn printer was working just fine until I upgraded my Mac OS software to Snow Leopard, upgraded VMWare Fusion to Version 4, and added RAM.  Now the printer will only print from the Mac side.  In Windows it indicates an error every time I try to print.  I tried running printer diagnostics, but got nowhere.  I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the printer software.  That caused the "My computer" function to crash every time I tried to see if the printer was installed - I cannot access "My computer" now.  The installation of the printer software stops at the point where I am instructed to connect the printer to the computer and turn it on.  The printer is connected and on, but the software does not allow me to proceed to the next step.  In frustration, I tried to install the printer to work wirelessly.  After about three hours, it is still trying to install the software. 

I don't think it is going to work.

Can anyone tell me, step by step, how to get my printer back up and running?

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Message 2 of 2 (658 Views)

Re: 2055dn printer stopped working on Windows XP side after upgrading VMWare Fusion and Mac OS

Hey there, the product you have is a commercial printer. These commercial products can be a tad tricky. For the best chance at finding a solution I would suggest posting in the forum for HP Business Support.

You can find the Commercial LaserJet board here:

HP Business Support Forum -- LaserJets

Take Care!

Sean

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation