Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 3 (371 Views)
Accepted Solution

2820 Printing top of printout on bottom of paper

Hello,

I looked everywhere for the answer to my problem. Not finding the solution, not even the service manual had a fix for this.

Model : HP Color LaserJet 2820

Problem : Top of the printout shows only in the bottom quarter of the page.Sometimes it will jam in fuser, half way out of top, or make it the whole way out.

Troubleshooting :

- Cleaned Rollers

- Clean laser mirror

- Replace Drum

- Replaced Registration Roller Assembly (Roller, flag, and Electronic Sensor)

- Checked gears for problems

- Swap fuser with known working 2820

Any help on this would be very appreciated.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: 2820 Printing top of printout on bottom of paper

Okay, we found the fix.

We had to restore factory defaults. It seemed to fix the issue. Learn something everyday.

View solution in context
Top Student
Message 2 of 3 (362 Views)

Further testing:

To me it seems like the paper might be being picked up too soon. I can't seem to find any information on what determines the pick-up timing. The issue with that is that if it's picking it up too soon, I would have other sensors telling me that there is a problem because of the timing. Unless it's whatever controls all sensors and their timing.

I tried the service mode : Clean Printer. I got a error "No Paper Pickup" and the paper was sitting just after the drum roller inside.

If the above isn't the issue, then my other idea is that drum rotation is too slow.

Any thoughts or direction to help me with this would appreciated.

Thank You

Highlighted
Top Student
Message 3 of 3 (359 Views)

Okay, we found the fix.

We had to restore factory defaults. It seemed to fix the issue. Learn something everyday.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation