cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
diarbyrag Tutor
Tutor
2 1 1 2
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

2nd accessory tray

Using OSX 10.5.8 on a PPC machine, Officejet Pro 8100 works just fine with no problems.

Just added new 2nd 250 sheet paper tray, computer will not see it, cannot print to it, just greyed out, have ticked the second tray option in the printer setup, have changed default to tray 2 and locked tray 1, used auto choose setting in print dialogue box, nothing works.

Have deleted and reinstalled drivers, updated firmware, any ideas please.

if not working in 48 hours and it is going back to suppliers, have wasted three hours today so far 😞

4 REPLIES 4
Professor
Professor
1,852 1,787 82 285
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

2nd accessory tray

Hey diarbyrag,

Are you installing drivers through the CD that came with the printer off the HP website?

You can find the drivers for the full feature software here:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=219&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=52187...

Also, you may want to post this on the commercial boards to see if you can get better results with the type of setup being used.

You may find the Commercial boards here.
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Support-Forums/ct-p/business-support

Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. 🙂

diarbyrag Tutor
Tutor
2 1 1 2
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

2nd accessory tray

Hi Daniel,
Thanks for the reply, I had downloaded the latest drivers and firmware update direct from HP.

Had a play around this morning and strangely enough printing from Photoshop CS and some old Appleworks doc I still use does not work, the print dialogue box has tray 2 greyed out. However I have tried Safari 5, FF 3.6 and Bean ( word processor ) and they all see the tray 2 so I presume it is something with those causing the problem. Hopefully getting a new Intel Mac soon so the problem should go away. Will live with it for now, thanks again for the help.

Kudos approved !

G
Professor
Professor
1,852 1,787 82 285
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

2nd accessory tray

Thanks for the reply! Hoping this will be entirely resolved with the Mac but pleaes post back if there are additional issues! 🙂
Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. 🙂

0 Kudos
jtpandian Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

2nd accessory tray

I have a HP Inkjet 6980 with a 2nd accessory paper tray connected to a mac running th elates Mavericks Mac OSX.  The accessory tray with plain paper is not recognized in the print dialog box.  I have the latest firmware and driver for the printer slated to run in Mavericks.  Can you please help?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation