cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
London74
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

3521e all in one printer will not print black ink

HP Recommended

Printer suddenly stopped printing black ink. I have replaced all cartridges . Completed all self help steps clean print head several times and all other steps. Also printer will not self align but probaly because can not print alignment page.

Also have noted black ink has spilled on bottom of housing near black cartridge . Printer been in use 14 months

Thank you for any support

London 74

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
MissTeriLynn
Retired
Retired
4,704 5,044 255 605
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello London74 and welcome to the HP forums!

I see from your post your black ink is no longer printing on your Deskjet 3521. I will certainly do my best to assist you with this!

The alignment isn't completing because the black is not printing.

Please follow through this Fixing Ink Streaks, Faded Prints, and Other Common Print Quality Problems document as well as this Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages document.

Let me know if this helps Smiley Happy

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
umreb54
3 2 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having the same issues with my Deskjet 3521 that London 74 had.  I have done all of the suggested troubleshooting items and nothing works.  My black ink still will not print, even after replacing with 3 different new HP black ink cartridges. Any suggestions on what to do to make it print black ink?

Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,613 3,967
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@umreb54

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I Understand the printer doesn't print black,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Could you elaborate on what steps you've done so far, so that we don't end up repeating the same suggestions you've already done?

Does this mean, the color prints or does that not work either?

Have you looked for related HP Forum posts that have resolved your concern?

If you haven't, Here's a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped others: Click here for the steps.

If the issue persists, try the below steps:

Solution 1: Use genuine HP ink cartridges

HP recommends that you use genuine HP ink or toner supplies. HP cannot guarantee the quality or reliability of non-HP or refilled cartridges. If you do not use genuine HP cartridges, the steps in this document might not resolve the issue. To check the authenticity of your cartridges, go to hp.com/go/anticounterfeit.

Solution 2: Allow automatic servicing to complete

Your HP printer has an automatic servicing routine that can solve many print quality issues. There is nothing you need to do. The print quality should improve a few hours after you experience the issue.

If you cannot wait for the automatic servicing routine to complete, continue with the following troubleshooting steps.

Solution 3: Check the paper

Use the following guidelines to make sure that the paper you are using is appropriate for the print job. If it is not, reload the printer with an appropriate paper type.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts,  

mark my post as Accepted Solution. 

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment. 

Regards, 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation