cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Nomadics
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

4-line e-mail header is missing from printed e-mail off hp e-printer

This happened suddenly, from one day to the other.. Now when I receive an e-mail to my customized hp-eprint printer, there is no To / FROM / DATE / SUBJECT line anymore

How can I restore it? Thank you.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Level 7 Dave_K
Level 7
615 613 42 117
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hey Nomadics!

The email headers do not print when using ePrint. Only the body of the message/attachments print. If you were getting this information before, then it was contained in the body of the message. Your email client may have been doing that automatically so to restore it you might check your email settings. There is no way to turn this on through the ePrint feature at this time.

Hope this helps!

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
Nomadics
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you, Dave, for your answer... I am totally confused now. In the past, it was possible to send e-mails to the e printer when we still had the long hp generated e-mail address (e.g. 43agi97ofoct@hpeprint). We received a print out of a normal e-mail with the 4 header lines (To/From/Date/Subject). Since we have our own e-mail address ourname@hpeprint, we only get a print out of the body - but then we do not know who sent that e-mail. Is this what happens to all of the people who changed to their individual e-mail address? This is definitely not customer friendly. It is also not customer friendly that you can only sent one e-mail to e printer, but if you have somebody else CC or BCC or in the TO line, the e-mail is not delivered. Is HP working on these obvious performance flaws?  Thank you.. N.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7 Dave_K
Level 7
615 613 42 117
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

ePrint has never been designed to print header information. Like I stated above, if you were getting this information before then it was because your email client was inserting it into the body of the message. As far as the CC/BCC fields, the reason it is setup this way is to prevent spam. This is intentional and probably won't be changed.

Hope this helps!

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
Nomadics
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you, Dave.. very weird, but I guess this is how it is. Tanks, Nicole

0 Kudos
Level 7 Dave_K
Level 7
615 613 42 117
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Glad I could answer your questions, if you ever have any more let me know and I'd be happy to help!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation