Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 1 (2,009 Views)

4015X Won't Print - Event 68.9440

Hi all,

We have an HP 4015X which was fine for a while after installing, but then ceased printing. It's still working on the network, and we can print directly to it using the web interface, but over TCP/IP printing the job sits in the queue and eventually errors.

Initially it had a "49.4C02" Printer Error event on it, which from some digging I found could be a firmware issue. So I've updated the firmware from "20080528 04.045.2" to "20081215 04.047.2". However this doesnt seem to have repaired the issue.

Now if I look at the event log it has 2 instances of an event "68.9440", which doesnt have any further info and doesn't turn up any results in a Google search. Does anyone know what this is?

I've tried all manner of drivers on mulitple different computers, so the problem must be down to the printer somewhere, but I just can't figure this one out.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation