cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
gracesten
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

4620 connects to motorola sbg6580, has IP address but can't be contacted (?)

HP Officejet 4620
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)

Got a new Router/Modem/Wireless from Motorola. Followed the HP instructions, used a PIN, configured a new client in the router webpage..viole' connection achieved. IP address shows on HP screen, blue wireless light is solid.

But, I can't see the printer in my network even though sharing is set up.

When I send a test page, it doesn't go thru.

Troubleshooting report:

Issues found

Printer HP Officejet 4620 series (Copy 2) cannot be contacted over the network
Network problems might be preventing the printer from printing.
Not fixed

Not Fixed

Contact your network administrator
Informational
Problem with printer
There might be problems with HP Officejet 4620 series (Copy 2). Windows will take additional steps to further troubleshoot.
Detected

Detected

Anything I should try?

In the router gateway configure website/page - it shows the printer in the wireless connections but not in the DHCP connections ...which should have everything. I used the windows printer setup and troubleshooter..

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Retired
Retired
675 631 42 97
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello @gracesten.

Welcome to the HP Community! :catvery-happy:

I understand you are having some trouble configuring your HP Officejet 4620 eAll-in-One printer for wireless printing with your new Motorola SBG6580 router, and Windows 8 computer. I'd like to help you with this. 

You mentioned that your printer is achieving an IP address. If the IP address starts with 169.254.X.X then the printer is unable to connect and has assigned this IP address on it's own.

The simplest way to set the printer up wirelessly, is to follow the software prompting. This way, the printer is being setup on the network using the computer's network settings. Have you installed the full feature software for you printer? If not you can download it here: HP Officejet Full Feature Software and Driver.

Here's a step by step guide on how to use the software to configure your printer using the HP software: Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless network for the HP Officejet 4620 e-All-in-One and HP Deskjet ...

Please respond to let me know if this method works for you, and if there is anything else I can do to help!

:cathappy:

HeyListen
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!

Highlighted
gracesten
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi "Hey Listen" - Thanks for your reply.

I didn't follow your instructions..exactly..didn't download the software BUT if I had I would have avoided the issue I ran into. You were right, the printer self assigend an IP address. The address it chose was outside of some kind of boundary for the modem.  I went into the printer's IP configuration and changed one digit:

Printer self assignd address = 192.168.1.9

Changed to this = 192.168.0.9

Problem solved.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation