Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MikeVanHornWSU Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

49.2F0B error

On a Color LaserJet 4700 printer, we are suddently getting a "Disk Not Initialized" error as the printer boots up. Once it's booted, we get a "49.2F0B Service Error" message. There isn't a disk in the printer, and there never has been.

Can someone suggest what is/might be wrong?

Thanks!

Mike VanHorn

5 REPLIES
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4377 444 574
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

49.2F0B error

Sounds like a service related error on the printer and is probably caused by a misfire from one or more of the sensors in the printer. I would start by removing the power cord from the printer for thirty seconds and then plugging the machine back in. 

Additionally, the user in this thread (http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/printer/69469 ) states that the error is related to the firmware for the printer. I would check the link below to see if that resolves the error. If not there is also another unorthadox fix mentioned below the initial question. 

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?pnameOID=473039&locale=en_US&tas...

Let me know and I will see what I can do to assist you! 

-Spencer 

PS have a wonderful day and a fantastic weekend! 

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
MikeVanHornWSU Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

49.2F0B error

That information pointed me to the CF card, which has turned out to be the problem, and a replacement is being ordered.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4377 444 574
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

49.2F0B error

That is fantastic to hear! I am glad you are back up and running, and if you ever have any further questions or issues I hope that you remember the experience you had here on the forums and know that me and my colleagues are here almost 24-7 to help support you and your needs.

I hope you are having a wonderful week, and I hope that the weather where you are located is as beautiful there as it is here!

-Spencer

0 Kudos
adgam Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

49.2F0B error

Buenas noches!!! el problema que tengo con la impresora hp es que me sale cargue papel y presione ok. y obviamente que el papel ya lo tiene y cuando le doy a imprimir me sale un cuadro que dice alinee cart: 1 imprimir pagina de alineación 2 escanear pagina de alineación y realmente lo que quiero que imprima como lo hacía anteriormente no lo hace
0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4377 444 574
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

49.2F0B error

Esto suena como un tema relacionado con el que el usuario anterior publicada acerca. Podrías crear otro hilo sobre su problema y, si es posible traducirlo (estoy usando Google Translate) por lo que te puedo ayudar?

¡Gracias!

-Spencer

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation