cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
edison89
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

4x6 print message no paper but the paper is full.

HP Recommended
hp envy 7640
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

4x6 print error no paper, but paper is full.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Dvortex
Retired
Retired
9,855 9,843 924 1,609
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, @edison89 – Hope you are well 🙂

Welcome to the HP Forum! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!

I see that you are having trouble with your Envy 7640 printer. Going through your post, it looks like the paper is not loaded in the photo tray of your printer. The Envy 7640 has both regular paper tray as well as a photo tray. Try leading the paper to the photo tray and see if that helps.

Go to http://bit.ly/2oVDrQU for detailed instructions on loading the photo paper and for changing the settings.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
edison89
Author
4 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i know the photo tray is full but I still get the empty message.  i've been printing photo for at least 20 yrs.

0 Kudos
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
12,360 12,338 1,169 2,498
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @edison89,

Thanks for visiting the HP community. Good day!

Brilliant description and analysis of the situation before posting 🙂 Kudos to you on that score.  I read the post regarding the printer not picking up photo paper despite the tray being full. I will gladly assist you here.

Please try these steps.

• Did this happen after power outage or surge?
  • Did you change the photo paper brand by any chance?

Please try these steps:

• Please perform a hard reset from this link and follow only the steps for a hard reset.
  • Then connect the printer directly to the wall outlet and check again by making a few copies from the same photo paper that you are trying to print both from the flatbed and ADF.
  • Try a different brand of photo paper to eliminate media issues.
  • If it copies fine, please follow all the steps for paper pick issues from this link.
  • Also, try to uninstall the printer software by following these steps:
  • In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Remove all instances of the same.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers. 
  • Then reinstall the full feature software from this link and select the correct operating system before doing it. Please update the printer firmware also and check again. Please perform all the steps patiently to try and resolve the issue.
  • Finally, if nothing works, the issue could be hardware related where the paper pick sensors are faulty. So please contact HP phone support to get the printer replaced via this link: http://hp.com/contacthp and select the country. Then type the product# of the printer and follow the on-screen instructions. If it is under warranty, the factory warranty should take care of replacements for you.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.  🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation