cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
brisargr
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

5520 all in one printer installation not working

HP Recommended

I have installed and uninstalled the software several times.  I have used the HPinstall wizard to no avail.  My problem is that when I click the desktop icon for the printer, or in the all programmes list, 2 files open andnothing else.

The 2 files are:

HPSPProgress.hta

HPSolutionsPortal.hta

I dont seem to have the ability toget some sort of printer control panel (should I?)

Anyone got a suggestion?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sunshyn2005
Level 13
17,328 16,571 902 2,476
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi brisargr, 

I belive, from what you have described, that the issue is with the HP Printer Assistant. Please use the following document to resovle the issue. HP Printer Assistant Opens with a Script Error or in Notepad.

If this does not resolve the issue, please post back with a screenshot of the error you are seeing. How to take and post a screenshot on HP Support Forum.

Thanks.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
2 REPLIES 2
Sunshyn2005
Level 13
17,328 16,571 902 2,476
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi brisargr, 

I belive, from what you have described, that the issue is with the HP Printer Assistant. Please use the following document to resovle the issue. HP Printer Assistant Opens with a Script Error or in Notepad.

If this does not resolve the issue, please post back with a screenshot of the error you are seeing. How to take and post a screenshot on HP Support Forum.

Thanks.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
brisargr
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks that has worked a treat and I am now a happy bunny.

Brian

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation