cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
dockergirl3
Level 1
5 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

5520e Printers software disappears

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have had this printer for a few months. Had to send it back after one month as the printer carriage got jammed. They replaced it, and now there is problem with the software.

I have reinstalled twice, used scan doctor which said everything was fine but when I click on HP Series it should come up with the page that tells me the status of the printer, ink left, scan details preferences etc, but all it does is to open the page that only gives me the options  to connect new printer, set up wireless or download software. After reinstalling today the first time I clicked on HP Series it worked, but now it just goes back to the other page again. I can see the ink cartridge details on the printer itself but not from the computer. Very frustrating.

Help please as I am sick of reinstalling. The actual printer prints okay, but why is this software not showing me what I should be able to see?

2 REPLIES 2
Rainbow7000
Retired
Retired
15,163 14,695 856 2,143
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@dockergirl3, welcome to the forums!

I read your post about the software issue you're having with your Photosmart 5520. I understand that you can install the printer however, when you open up the printer software, you do not see the printer utilities that you should see. 

If you're running any firewalls or anti-virus', disable them temporarily to see if they are blocking the printer software from opening. Let me know what happens.

Also, respond to me with the following information to better help me research this for you:

1. How is the printer connected (USB/ wireless/ wired/ Bluetooth)?
  2. What is the Operating System of the computer?
  3. What Firewalls and Anti-virus software are installed?
  4. Did you make any recent changes to your set up (physical move, upgrade, downgrade, new software installed, new router, etc)?
  5. Is the printer plugged directly into the wall outlet (avoiding power bars and surge protectors) (if not, please try this)?
  6. Have you completed all Windows Updates?
  7. Have you tried using a different USB/Ethernet cable?

I hope to hear from you, have a great Tuesday:)

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Tags (1)
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
dockergirl3
Author
Level 1
5 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Printer is connected wirelessly.

Windows 7

Avast Antivirus

No new changes except for reinatlling the HP software again.

Plugged directly into wall outlet.

All windows updates completed.

My friend has the same model and has the exact same problem.

Have had to now download software on my phone to tell me state of the printer.

Thanks

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation