cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
nony10
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

564XL ink cartridge replacement under warrenty

HP Recommended

I was just informed by HP that they would not replace a brand new ink cartridge that I mistakenly peeled back the tape on top of the cartridge.  I was having printing issues when I decided to replace the black ink cartridge. I learned about the air vent through a forum and misunderstood the instruction about clearing the air vent, thus pulling the tape back and realizing that was a mistake. Where is the good will?  Now I understand the ink is probably dried up.  Is this true? Expensive lesson learned.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Ciara_B
Level 11
8,714 7,779 283 653
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, could you please take a photo of the cartridge?

Did you just peel off the vent label? If so it will probably still work ok - have you tried printing?

Image: Examples of cartridges with torn or partially removed labels.

Label is torn or partially missing

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
0 Kudos
nony10
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How do I post a photo from my IPhone to show the cartridge?
@Ciara_B wrote:

Hi, could you please take a photo of the cartridge?

Did you just peel off the vent label? If so it will probably still work ok - have you tried printing?

Image: Examples of cartridges with torn or partially removed labels.

Label is torn or partially missing

0 Kudos
OrnahP
Retired
Retired
2,881 2,490 39 93
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You can go to the bottom of the page on your phone, click on "Full" which will take you to full view, this will give you the toolbar to add a picture when you post.  

@nony10 wrote:

How do I post a photo from my IPhone to show the cartridge?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OrnahP
HP Support Forums Moderator

🙂 Clicking the "Kudos Star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!
🙂 When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking "Accept as Solution" to help other members in the future!
Rules of Participation

0 Kudos
Ciara_B
Level 11
8,714 7,779 283 653
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi nony10, I know this was a while ago but just wanted to know if there was any affect to the print quality?

Thanks

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation