Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (853 Views)

61xl ink cartridge incompatible

deskjet 3050a

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Message 2 of 4 (843 Views)

Re: 61xl ink cartridge incompatible

[ Edited ]

I am sorry that you are having that problem with your printer. Here is a document addressing the incompatible print cartridge error message. It will offer troubleshooting steps to attempt to try to fix that error message and get the printer back to functioning correctly. I hope this helps. 

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (837 Views)

Hello,

I appreciate the solution offered, however I tried all the options presented  in the document to no avail! The priner works fine with HP 61 black & color, but will not accept the HP61XL Black (have not tried color). Perhaps the driver needs to be fixed?

Thanks,

Sue Caughey

Distinguished Professor
Message 4 of 4 (834 Views)

That cartridge should work for that printerIt is on the list for compatibilityI have check for windows 7 and vista operating systemsat this time I do not see an update available for the firmware yetCompare the cartridge body to that  of the others. The cartridge itself might be faulty. 

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation