cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
eurostyle Tutor
Tutor
6 4 1 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

6310 all in one

Just moved the printer to a new location and when I plugged it back in... the screen will light up and a running dots starts to go across about twice, then it stops and the screen stays blank and the little camera icon on the lower left side starts blinking. There is a green and yellow light on near the plug in the back. It won't turn off or on.....I have rebooted a few times, unplugged it a few times, the program page shows the printer as offline.....I am out of ideas. help?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Retired
Retired
7878 7342 397 979
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

6310 all in one

Hi eurostyle,

I understand that since you have moved your HP Officejet 6310 into a new spot, you are now getting a blank screen on the front panel and are unable to use it. I have a few questions, have you tried replugging it into the original spot you had it? Do you have it plugged directly into the wall outlet? Or is it in a surge protector/extension cord?

I would like you to try another outlet and see if you are now able to access the front panel, if you are still running into problems please go ahead and start troubleshooting Blank Control Panel Display.

Let me know if this was helpful, if you still have a blank screen I would like you to let me know so we can try a reset on your OJ 6310.

I will watch for your reply.

Thank you,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
eurostyle Tutor
Tutor
6 4 1 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

6310 all in one

thanks for your reply!

it is in the original outlet which was a power surge strip. its not that the screen is blank, it lights up green and a black dot starts to run then the camera light blinks on and off.

it also will not let you turn it off... I have to unplug it from the back of the machine.

I found that opening up the cartridge lid and closing it resets it and it turns on and I can use it.

but it is kind of ludicrous to be unplugging and opening etc, the on switch  isn't functioning at all.

so I have a very acrobatic work around that is not sustainable. is the machine just possessed?

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
7878 7342 397 979
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

6310 all in one

Thank you for you response, yes I understand it is not a full blank screen however the document requires you to reset the OJ 6310 and plug directly into a wall outlet which is what needs to be done if you are unable to even power down the printer. Were you able to do any of the earlier recommendations? I suggest starting here: The HP Printer Won't Turn On or Respond. If you are still running into problems, I would like you to check your inbox on the forums.

On your user page to the far right, beside your name you will see a little envelope please click on that to get into your inbox. See image below:

Thank you,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
eurostyle Tutor
Tutor
6 4 1 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

6310 all in one

ok I will try plugging directly into a wall socket (they are not so great that is why I sure a power surge strip) but this will take some doing to unbuild where the printer now is and get it to a outlet. As soon as I get some time in the next 2 days I will try it and let you know. Thanks for your help. I checked my inbox... (it was empty)

many thanks for your responses.

0 Kudos
eurostyle Tutor
Tutor
6 4 1 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

6310 all in one

I unplugged the external box (thing) and waited then plugged it back in and it worked! No more weird flashing lights! Thanks
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation