Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 2
18 10 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

6500 E709n installs won't complete at the configure step.

The install seems to have been completed but when it gets to the final step, configuring printer, it just keeps running and never finishes....I have tried to reinstall 3 times and the same result.  I can print to it but can't scan a document or picture.

HP Envy 14 running Windows 7. I downloaded the software from the HP site since the disk I have is for XP or Vista...my old desktop functioned fine using the disk.  Would it make sense to try that disk?  Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
7,878 7,777 397 985
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi ednsandy,

I understand you are having problems installing the HP OfficeJet 6500 to your computer running Windows 7. No, unfortunately the Windows XP Disc would not be compatible with the newer Windows 7 OS. If you go into your Control Panel do you see any 6500 software listed there, or under All Programs is there an HP folder?

If you see any 6500 software listed in the Control panel please remove it. Once it is removed restart the computer and check to see if everything was removed. If you still have the HP folder listed under all programs, see if you have the option to uninstall.

Once this is done, please go ahead and run the HP Printer Install Wizard?- It was created to help Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 users download and install the latest and most appropriate HP software solution for their HP Printer.

Please let me know the results. I will watch for your reply.

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 2
18 10 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I am able to print to the 6500 and have a Brother Laser printer I can use for doing scans/fax. I might try what you suggest sometime but don't want to end up not being able to print to the 6500. Thanks for the advice and if it works I will return!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
18 10 0 1
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

OK....I have done nothing for the last week or so regarding the lack of the control center software and then, this morning, there was a screen saying to continue the software installation.  So, I followed the on screen directions and, low and behold, the software installed correctly...I have no clue why but the problem has been solved!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
7,878 7,777 397 985
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

That is great news! Well like you I am unsure of why all of a sudden it was able to install correctly, maybe it just needed a break lol Either way glad you are back up and running. Thank you again for the update 🙂

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation