Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a 6830 networkede (hardwire) printer scanner operating on Windows10.

I can print to it from my desktop. I can scan from it if I place the image on the glass. 

If I load the paper feeder, it will NOT scan, either from from the computer or the screen on the printer itself.

Help

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Please ensure that you have the FULL feature software installed.  If you have not, this resource will help you:

The following resource will help you :

http://123.hp.com/us/en/

Key in your printer model, Operating System and download & install the FULL feature software.

After that, start the HP Printer Assistant and select Scan.

Make sure that your Source is selected as "Use Document Feeder if loaded" (ADF) .  Then place document on the ADF and scan.  Example is shown.

Hope that helps!

Scan using ADF.jpg

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

I had the the full set installed, but I did update.

Still no scanning. 

I started the doctor and ran the scan fix.  No improvement.  When I to the updated HP Printer Assistant and select Scan, I get Unable toCommunicate with scanner. 

I can still print, but cannot scan. 

BTW, how do I get the

Scan using ADF.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi 

You need to install the FULL feature software.

The following resource will help you :

http://123.hp.com/us/en/

Key in your printer model, Operating System and download & install the FULL feature software.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

I did all that.  No change.

The only info I can add is this happened after an automatic Windowsw 10 update.

HP Recommended

HI @Richard2017

You meant that you installed the FULL feature software and did all the settings on the HP Scan and still it does not feed from the feeder?

Can you try to do a copy job from the feeder?  Does it work?  IF it does not, then the feeder might be defective.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

the feeder did work.

Windows 120 did a update.

Now the feeder doesn't work.  I re-installed "full System", but I cannot get the options page...I cannotfind a way to get to it. 

What should I do?

HP Recommended

@Richard2017 wrote:

the feeder did work.

Windows 120 did a update.

Now the feeder doesn't work.  I re-installed "full System", but I cannot get the options page...I cannotfind a way to get to it. 

What should I do?

Clarification:

Windows 10 update.

When I open the HP OfficeJet Pro 6830 Newwork: HP Printer assistant....and I select "Scan A doument" I receive "Unable to Communicate with the Scanner.  I havetried the Fix option many times,

If I select Manage Scan to Computer, I get a pop up "Scan To Computer is enabled.

All the printer options seem okay.

Now, if I immediately do to Word or some other document on my desktop, I can print to the printer via the Network, so if appears that my "Unable to connect to Connect to Scanner" is somehow to blame. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you try using a TCP/IP port?

Create a TCP IP port

1. Print a Configuration Page to get the printer's IPv4 address (you can also tap on the wireless icon on the Front panel of your Printer to get the IP address)
2. On your PC, go to Control Panel, from Devices and Printers, right click the printer and left click Printer Properties, select the Ports tab.
3. Click Add Port, select Standard TCP/IP Port, then select New Port and follow the wizard.
4. Type in the proper IP address for the printer.

This video resource will show you how to do it:

Create & Use TCP IP port

Note that you can ALWAYS revert back to the original port that the HP software installed by selecting the HP port under the Ports tab (in Printer Properties)

Let us know if that works

HP Recommended

No real  change.

I can print, copy and scan a single sheet

I now have two HP printer devices. No says "No Driver" and doesn't work, whereas the other will:

Copy

print from the computer

scan from the scanner glass using the control screen on the HP printer

Will NOT scan from the computer ("Unable to communicate"

Will NOT scan from document feeder in any form.

Which brings me back to one of my original questions:  How to access the option screen to activate document fee.

Note:  it worked a couple of weeks ago before the Windows 10 update. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.