Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Photosmart C7280
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Our 7280 would no longer print because the yellow cartridge was low so my husband replaced it.  He printed a document and then turned off the printer.   When I attempted to turn it on, nothing happened.  We can tell it's receiving power - the blue light where you put a single document for copying is on as are the power lights on the back just above the power adapter plug.  We're using HP ink and have never used anything else.  I've checked the connections on the power cord and tried resetting it by pressing 6 and # keys as I insert the power cord.  I've also checked that the ink cartridges are properly installed.    I've searched but haven't found any other solutions.  I'd appreciate any suggestions as to what else I can try.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I'd already tried this.  As I said in my post, the printer is receiving power because there are lights on in the back and under the screen used for scanning and copying.  It seems very coincidental that this occurred after replacing an ink cartridge.  Is it possible that there's an ink sensor that's messed up?

HP Recommended

OK, so you have an external power supply.  Have you verified the operation this power supply and changed it?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.