Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
6 5 0 0
Message 1 of 11
Flag Post

7410xi gear pulley alignment for fax, copy, scanning

HP Recommended

Faxing, copying, and scanniing functions stop midway through the process with gear slippage and an error message.  How can I gain access to the housing area of my 7410xi for gear alignment?

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Level 13
Level 13
6,242 6,212 503 1,061
Message 2 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

It is a hardware issue with the printer which cannot be fixed. 

I'd recommend you to call HP Tech Support for further support.

I guess your printer is OUT OF WARRANTY. Iam sure if you call HP Tech Support, you'd be offered an UPGRADE options.

Regards,
Jabzi

Help the community by marking this post .
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
See a great post? Give it a Kudos!
I work for HP

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
Level 4
83 82 3 5
Message 3 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings!

You may try these steps in the given document c00222165 which talks about "Paper Feed Issues with the Automatic Document Feeder"

If it still does not work then please do follow the process mentioned in the above post.

I am an HP employee and am speaking for myself, not for HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8
Level 8
744 729 55 234
Message 4 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi there,

The only thing I would suggest would be try and buy a used broken unit from eBay.

Unfortunately HP does not supply internal parts for printers

Good luck
JonW

I work for HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 5 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Jabzi:

Thanks for your response even though I don't accept your conclusion: if it was assembled it can be disassembled.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 6 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I guess HP doesn't want repeat business huh: why would I replace an entire unit that has such a simple fixable solution?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
Level 4
83 82 3 5
Message 7 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings!

You may try these steps in the given document c00222165 which talks about "Paper Feed Issues with the Automatic Document Feeder"

I had a similar issue with the Automatic Document feeder, and this document help me resolve the issue with my Officejet just by following the instructions. Please check it out before we think about other options. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 8 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Does not apply to my situation: it's not the top feeding apparatus that needs adjustment. I was specific in my query: the fax, scan copy, pulley gears are out of alignment as a result of dropping the copy lid approximately 3.5 to 4 inches when it slipped from my hand.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 9 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks, but I'd still have to get inside of the unit to replace the gears if needed. First and foremost I'm looking for information how to gain access to the pulley gears for inspection?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
Level 4
83 82 3 5
Message 10 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP recommends very few CSR (Customer Self Repair) parts, the the one you are speaking about does not come in that list.

However, there may be 3rd party sites that provide instructions on disassembly / Service Manuals and also sell HP product parts.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation