Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question
7520 Printer error, no error code
Replies (118)

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 91 of 119 (2,384 Views)

Re: 7520 Printer error, no error code

The HP tech said to disable UPnP on the printer, not the router. I disabled UPnP on my printer and I haven't had the problem for 2 days now.

Honor Student
Message 92 of 119 (2,379 Views)

What is the UPNp and how do you disable it?

Teacher
Message 93 of 119 (2,366 Views)

The HP tech I corresponded with told me the opposite. He had me disable UPnP in my router and keep the UPnP enabled in the printer. I have not received any error messages for two weeks.

Helen

Helen
Honor Student
Message 94 of 119 (2,351 Views)

I don't know if it was an HP tech or not Helen, but I was referring to the post from Steve310 where he suggested that you disable UPnP on the printer to see if the problem goes away.

Idebery, to do this, follow these directions;

* Point your browser at the printer's web interface and select;

* Network Tab

* Networking option on the left

* UPnP option on the left

* Select the 'Disable UPnP' radio button

* Click 'Apply'

Now, see what happens.

Honor Student
Message 95 of 119 (2,347 Views)

Thanks, I will try that!
Teacher
Message 96 of 119 (2,333 Views)

Actually, he is a HP tech. He contacted me through private email and he had me go through different solutions and this one worked.

Helen
Highlighted
Provost
Message 97 of 119 (2,306 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Everyone,

The best solution for this issue is to disable the UPnP option located in your router instead of on the printers EWS page. With the assistance from Steve310 & Helen we have tested this scenario for over two weeks with no issues. Appreciate the time you have spent with me Steve310 & Helen to investigate this issue. Have a wonderful day.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Intern
Message 98 of 119 (2,266 Views)

Astur1 wrote:

I followed the instructions of the document you mentioned. The ink cartridges are clean, no ink leaks. I tried to remove the printhead but, after lifting the latch handle, I've found that I had to make too much force to extract it and then I stopped.

Anyway, during this whole week I've got only one errror message, it seems that the occurrence of the error is less than before (the printer is almost new, and still with the SETUP cartridges).

In one of my previous posts I have said that sometimes the printer resets by itself, as if it was switched off and on. Even I heve observed that a message appears on the screen saying: "Printer preparation occurring. Please wait..." and asked if that is a normal behaviour, because it seems to me that the error takes place when the printer tries to reset itself, but not always. Could it be possible that the error comes due to this reset routine?

I'm betting the automatic reset you see happening is built into a firmware update in order to fix a disconnect problem they've never addressed in this forum. Many users have done so but never "support". I got the error msg to restart mine once so far. It may be being caused by a brownouts. (Drop in  voltage below minimum  to your home, caused during peak usage in hot weather.) Just a guess.

Student
Message 99 of 119 (1,956 Views)

I have been dealing with this issue since February on my 7520. My original printer after connecting it to wifi would reset on its own every hour or so. I contacted HP to see if they had a fix and suggested since i just bought it to exchange it at best buy. I did that and the 2nd model had the same issue. I discovered that disabling wifi would keep the printer from rebooting on its own. However I bought this printer because it was network enabled and was a good photo printer. Disabling wifi was not acceptable to me. Since it was a wifi issue, i bought a new wireless router, the issue still remaied. HP then offered to replace it with a refurb. At the time we were getting ready to move and be waiting on a house to be built for a few months. HP put my case on hold and told me they were going to extend my warranty for an extra year while I wait. This month We are moved into our brand new house, and I got the printer hooked up and of course, reboots start immediately. Waking up to the startup sound is always nice. So I contacted HP and picked up where I left off. They shipped me a refurb unit, and this one showed up damaged. The printer carriage would just slam back and forth and then say it was jammed. However i was able to cancel the error enough to connect it to wifi and of course the reboots started after abou an hour and a half. I have asked to have a different model sent to me as this is just unacceptable, but of course they said they can't do that so I asked for a supervisor. They said one will contact me in 24-48 hours. I will update once I hear more from them. 

I want to note that unlike a lot of people in this thread that I have never connected this printer or any of them to a phone line as I do not use fax. There is a posted possible solution to disable UPnP on the router, but this is not an option for me because I use UPnP quite a bit for all my other devices. If that is what it takes to keep the printer rebooting then that also is unacceptable. 

Honor Student
Message 100 of 119 (1,940 Views)

Hi Astur1. I had this same problem a couple of months ago. So, to fix it, go to the printers web page and change setting for UPNP to disable, and I assure you the problem will go away.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation