Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question
7520 Printer error, no error code
Replies (118)

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 111 of 119 (712 Views)

Re: 7520 Printer error, no error code

Same thing happened with me. Disable UPnP in the EWS window of the printer homepage. HP should address this more directly....

Top Student
Message 112 of 119 (711 Views)

PS- Now that it works OK, I like the features of this printer just fine . I do think HP needs to compensate in a more substancial way for customer time, effort and cost of dealing with this issue. A voucher for free ink would be appropriate....

Student
Message 113 of 119 (701 Views)

Now that we know of a good fix for the issue, I'd kind of like my old printer back. I like the 8600 that they sent me as a replacement, but I miss not being able to print pictures. The 8600 won't even pickup photo paper from the paper tray. 

Honor Student
Message 114 of 119 (688 Views)

Thank you for your assistance, but on my touchscreen does not react. It says : Printing error (yellow exclamation mark). A problem with the printer occurred. Switch Printer off and on. At the frame incasing the touch screen 4 icons are flashing : House, return sign, question mark and a red cross. So touch wireless icon ... is not an option for me. If I have the IP address , I guess your suggestion would work.  

Thank you

Stefan 

Top Student
Message 115 of 119 (678 Views)

Yeah, you just want an in to get to the printer's homepage. Go to upper right corner and click on EWS. Go to left side of that screen and click on UPnP to disable- worked for me.....

Student
Message 116 of 119 (631 Views)

I had the same problem. I brought the printer back to the place of purchase to find out what the problem was. When you restart the printer it will very breefly show the error number the go to printer error. Apperantly, has been acting up for a lot of people. There is a malfuction from an update to the printer. The software is not compatable with the hardware. Call HP customer service and they probably will need you to have it repaired, and the company may repair it for free.

Honor Student
Message 117 of 119 (559 Views)

Sadly, HP has now replaced my 7520 twice (I'm on my third) and ALL have had the problem  "Printer error. There is a problem with the printer. Please turn the printer off, then on.".

Now I see that a workaround is to disable UPnP, but the Embedded Web Server (EWS) does not respond.  !!!  I've reported this problem to HP Total Care, but thus far nothing helps.  I disable the firewall, etc, no help.  While I was working on the "Printer Error" problem I did notice that the EWS worked on my initial 7520, but not on the last two.  Smiley Sad  

Top Student
Message 118 of 119 (433 Views)

This sounds very much like a problem I had recently. HP sent out AC adapters and power leads, I had two replacement printers all to no avail.

My Symptoms:

After a short period of time following printer power up the printer display flashes a blue screen and then a warning screen stating a "problem with the printer" please restart, or words to this effect. All leds flash at about 1 sec intervals until you reboot the printer. Then all is fine again until the next time, in my case around 15 mins.

I had HP & BT trying to solve the fault but no one could. Finally I devoted a bit more time to the problem and found a rogue piece of software was causing a conflict.

In my case it was a program "Bit Torrent Sync" and when disabled/uninstalled the problem was solved never to return.

Firtstly you could try shutting down as many programs as possible in Windows system tray as it could easily be a program that automatically loads when on your computer boots.

If the above doesn't give any clues which piece of software is causing problems try booting to windows in safe mode and then rebooting the printer and see if the printer stablises. If it does restart suspect programs one at a time.

Hope this helps, if it does I would like to know because I did inform BT & HP that this solved my issue and it would appear lots of people have had similar problems.

Paul

paulhearn@btinternet.com

Honor Student
Message 119 of 119 (425 Views)

Not using Bit Torrent Sync here.  HP replaced my Photosmart with an Officejet.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation