cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
motie
6 5 0 0
Message 1 of 13
Flag Post

7610 won't print Avery 5428 labels properly

HP Recommended

I downloaded the template for Avery 5428 labels.  The sheet is 4" x 6".  The 7610 starts printing way above the top of the page, and does not print within the margins.  I loaded the paper at the 4x6 markings in the paper tray.  Print orientation is correct.  My computer is Dell E5530 with Windows 7 Ultimate.  Any idea what's wrong?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
motie
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 2 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It seems to have healed itself.  Very odd.

0 Kudos
HandyAndy14
Retired
Retired
394 960 38 154
Message 3 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi motie,

If the issue does reoccur, I recommend downloading and running the firmware update for your HP Officejet 7610 Wide Format e-All-in-One Printer. Although your printer may have updated itself if it is connected to your network, you can get the update from here and clicking on the orange "Download" button.

I worked on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos
motie
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 4 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I updated the firmware.  But the problem is back.  It prints OK about 25% of the time.  Maybe it's a hardware problem?

0 Kudos
Lil_Lisa27
Retired
Retired
2,122 2,806 126 325
Message 5 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi motie,

I understand that you are still having the issue with printing the Avery Labels properly with your 7610. I have researched the issue a little bit further for you. The first thing that I would check would be the settings that are selected when trying to print the labels. I have included a link here to make sure that the right settings are selected from a previous post.

As well I have included a link here to download the last version of the Avery DesignPro for PC.

Please let me know if this has resolved the issue with the labels.

I worked on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
motie
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 6 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm working with HP technical support.  I've followed their instructions precisely.  The 7610 prints correctly about 1 out of 4 times.  Also, the labels print perfectly on my old printer.  So I don't think it's a setup issue.  Is anybody else having this problem with the 7610?  

0 Kudos
Lil_Lisa27
Retired
Retired
2,122 2,806 126 325
Message 7 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi motie,

The only other suggestion that I would have would be to uninstall and reinstall the printers full feature software.

I have included a link here on how to uninstall the software for HP.

As well here is a link for the software download for your version of Windows.

Thank you for your response.

I worked on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Budie
Level 2
17 13 0 1
Message 8 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I have this problem often with labels of all sizes. I don't have the 7610, have 4 different HP printers. They all do this. I have tried the align feature in Avery this sometimes works. If I have a lot of labels I print on a plain paper to see if it is aligned. Sometimes it is aligned one time and not the next. Very frustrating!
0 Kudos
Lil_Lisa27
Retired
Retired
2,122 2,806 126 325
Message 9 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Budie,

Thank you for your post. With having researched this issue of labels coming out misaligned. I have been able to locate information that deals with Printed Text or Image is Skewed or Crooked click here.

Please let me know if this has resolved the alignment with the Avery Labels.

I worked on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
motie
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 10 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My printer is brand new.  I have spent over six hours following troubleshooting instructions with HP tech support.  Why does HP think this is acceptable?  I am not an HP employee.  I did not volunteer to be a beta site for HP printers.  

HP tech support promised me they would call Monday night or Tuesday morning to help me debug this thing.  I have not heard from them.  I have no choice but to return the printer to the store.  

HP needs to have more respect for its customers.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation