cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jpheim589
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

7612 Margin Issues

HP Recommended
HP Officejet 7612
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Good evening,

This is a question that I have seen posted numerous times in the support forums. It receives a generic answer and when the original poster comments, there is no follow up.

I just purchased my HP 7612 on Monday and will return it next week if I can't find a resolution.

When I print double sided on  8.5x11 24lb paper through adobe PDF, Publisher, word (any application) the printer will scale the print down to add what seems to be 1" margins around the print. If I print it single sided, it prints correctly. the document is 8.5x11 and this happens whether I choose actual size or fit to page. There is no difference in the output.

I have tried to uncheck "preserve Layout"

When doing this, it is not scaled down, but the top and bottom of the image is cut off at around 1" on each side. This indicated it is not an issue with how the duplexer grabs the page. The left and right margins are perfect.

I can get rid of the issue by selecting "borderless printing" which would allow me to print full bleed. However, the user manual indicates that the printer prints with .15" margins and not a ridiculous 1" margin. Additionally, printing borderless is a lengthy process as it takes about 3x the amount of time to produce a borderless document. This is unacceptable. Especially since I am not printing a borderless document, the images on my document are designed with a .25" document and print perfectly on my old HP Officejet 6600 as well as my Xerox 560 at work. It is definitely not the way I am printing or an issue in my document.

In short, there seems to be a bug in the driver or firmware that tells the printer there is a 1" margin on the top and bottom. I would rather the printer attempt to cut off anything within that .15" margin as the documents are designed with a small margin.

Please help or I may have to return this printer that I really want to love! 😞

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
31,191 30,905 5,327 12,408
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

That is expected for automatic duplex printing, the duplexer minimum top and bottom magins are 16mm (0.63 inches).

You may find the user guide below, see the following statement on page 39:

Print on both sides (duplexing)
TIP: If the top and bottom margins in your document are smaller than 16 mm (0.63 inches), the document might not print out correct.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03682000

As a workaround you may perform manual duplexing by setting Pages to Print as Odd Pages Only and then manually set additional print with Even Pages Only

Additionally, try setting the top and bottom margins of your document as .63" and then check if the output appears as expected.

Regards,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation