cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
LillyLee
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

7645 Ink Cartridges Problem

HP Recommended
HP Envy 7645
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The printer keeps displaying "Ink Cartridges Problem" and "remove and reinstall the indicated ink cartridge ...".  I have removed and reinstalled both cartridges and replaced the black ink twice with brand new ($$) cartridges and the same error message is displayed.

Can you please help.  Very frustrated right now.

I checked the on-line forum and tried to clean the cartridges but the same error message is displayed.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
jabzi
Level 13
Level 13
6,410 6,384 513 1,113
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Please click HERE to download the Firmware update that should resolve the issue.

If issue still persists, kindly contact HP Tech Support for further assistance as the printer need to be serviced.

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
0 Kudos
LillyLee
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I downloaded the Firmware Update but the "Ink Cartridge Problem" error message is STILL displayed. Yes, I restarted my PC and turned the printer off and back on.  

If the update didn't work, the recommendation was to contact HP Support.  How do I do that other than posting in this forum?  My printer is a couple of years old.  Guess like all printers, this is a throw-away product and it's time for a new one?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Millers511
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

See this issue popping up on other forums. I have given up and threw out the printer. Paid twice for extra cartridges, which remedied the problem for 1 or 2 printings. THen the same issue of the 'ink cartridge' message. Meticulous in cleaning the contacts and following the troubleshooting steps. Of course out of warranty now.  HP of no help-just virtual shoulder shrugs. Do consumers a solid - (this means you too Costco) don't knowingly manufacture and sell a faulty product.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation