Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp 7740
macOS 10.12 Sierra

There are no error codes.  Simplyt put, the Auto Document Feeder is completely non-responsive when paper is inserted.  It does not function at all.

The rest of the machine still works.  It copies, scans, etc from the flat bed.  Help is appreciated.

I have followed the steps for cleaning the various parts & places, doing a hard reboot of the printer by unplugging from the wall.  There is no paper jam, etc.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi moverlie,

Thank you for using HP products. 

Sorry to hear that your printer is faulty. You may want to try the troubleshooting steps shown in the document below.

HP All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Paper

https://support.hp.com/sg-en/document/c01728503 

Service or replace your HP product if you completed all preceding steps.

To see if your product is still under warranty, go to the warranty check website http://www.support.hp.com/checkwarranty. Contact HP Support to schedule a repair or replacement. If you are in Asia Pacific, Contact HP Support to find a local service center in your area.

Repair fees might apply for out-of-warranty products.

Hope this helps.

I am a HP employee. I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Thanks
For the fast reply. I've followed all those steps without success.
HP Recommended

Again, thanks for the fast reply!  However, the suggestions are the very things I originally posted that I have already done, with no result.

I did try them an additional time as perhaps time was possibly a factor in the resolution.  It was not and the ADF remains stone dead.

I have created a case online with the HP website and need to spend time going online to a chat session and work that avenue.

If anyone knows any steps or possible 

ideas that are. It list d already in this thread, I'd certainly be thankful to hear and try them.

Thanks in advance!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.