cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Level 1
11 9 0 1
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post

8.5x11 scan size default ??

HP Recommended

I would like the ability to scan a document, and have the default "scanned area / uploaded scan" to be 8.5x11".  

NOT auto-crop (which usually crops the wrong area) ... a default size.

This SHOULD NOT be a confusing request for HP... :smileymad:

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Retired
Retired
3,722 3,670 263 487
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello DinoNucci,

I would like to work with you and your printer / computer to see if we can get this issue straightened out. I seen in another post you have made the printer you are using is the Photosmart 7520 on Windows 7, is this correct for this scanning issue?

I have been looking into the software the 7520 uses, when you open HP scan the option when selecting Document to file is set to 8.5x11. I am not sure why yours will go to Entire Scan Area.

You could try clicking Creating New Shortcut..., this will have you do a complete custom setup for scanning and you should be able to select this shortcut and not worry about the scanning size.

HP Scan - 8.5x11.JPG

Let me know if this helps,

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Author
Level 1
11 9 0 1
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the offer to help.  

I am working in Windows 7, using a HP C6380, through HP Solution Center (which says no updates are available for).

I am not offered the same options you suggested.

HP 1.JPG

HP 2.JPG

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
3,722 3,670 263 487
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

From the second image, are you not able to click Change Settings and instruct the scan to be 8.5x11?

Try running the Print and Scan Dr, this should ensure all the software is working correctly.

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Author
Level 1
11 9 0 1
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Jerends, thank you.  

The Print and Scan Dr, ran through its courses but did not find anything. 

There are no options to change scan sizing within the prompts I have ... 

HP 3.JPG

HP 4.JPG

HP 5.JPG

HP 6.JPG

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
3,722 3,670 263 487
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Under Advanced Document Settings (for some reason it only will say Advanced Picture Setting on mine):

Capture6.JPG

I found these four setting, make sure you are set to scan entire glass:

Capture5.JPG

Let me know if this was the issue.

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
Author
Level 1
11 9 0 1
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, but that's not it.

I thought your early suggestion had promise (at creating a new task / shortcut) but I truly have not found the option anywhere within this software to choose a default scanning size.

0 Kudos
Author
Level 1
11 9 0 1
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Since the install of the repair software, I have a whole slew of bloatware now 😞 😞 .... HP Bloatware.JPG

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
3,722 3,670 263 487
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You would be able to uninstall that software you do not wish to have on the computer. For example, you can uninstall the Customer Participation, Photosmart Essentials. It all is software that would have been installed when the C6300 series was first installed, unless you did a costume install.

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
Author
Level 1
11 9 0 1
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Jerends, the problem is, they are "uninstallable".  Clicking uninstall for any of these does nothing, zero, nadda... 😞 !

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation