Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (4,916 Views)

802.1X Network based

Hello,

Anyone can help me with this?

I am trying to setup 802.1X Authentication in a HP LaserJet M9050  (MTF)

I access to the embeded Web Server in Networking>Security>802.1X Authentication:

I tryed with some values but i receive in a radius Server the request but the result is a Denyed Request, so the switch is working fine, but i think i am having a mistake in the 802.1X Athentication option in the printer.

I have searched for the exact meaning of the parameters of the configuration but i can not find anything talking details about the psrameters:

Server ID: i supuse is the IP of the Radius Server (or is the hostname? anything else?)

When is necessary to use:  Require Exact Match        (for the server ID)

Encryption Strength:  Has 3 values one of them is  Medium (RC-128-bit or 3DES-168-bit)

I think this is related to use of certificates but here is any more question: can i work or configure 802.1X without certificates for PEAP in this printer?

In case necesary of using certificates i have a Certificate Authority that has its own requester but needs to be installed in the supplicant, how can i use another CA to generate certificates related to my own CA?

What mean Authenticate Behaviour: is needed to be checked?  when?    (Reauthenticate on Apply)  I suppuse is used when i apply the configuration, is correct?

Last question is:  Is necesary to use certificates  in this printer in order to use 802.1X authentication?

What type of certificates are allowed by the jetDirect certificate opcion if i load the certificate of my own CA?

Thanks in advance for your comments

0 Kudos
Student
Message 2 of 2 (4,681 Views)
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation