cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
11 7 0 0
Message 1 of 11
Flag Post

8500 won't print

HP Recommended
officejet pro 8500
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

When I power on my 8500 printer, it works fine for a while. If I leave it alone for about 1/2 hour and try to p[rint to it, the job goes in the queue, the printer says "Now Printing", and nothing happens, it stays like that until I cycle power again. The printer queue says "Printing"

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
7,878 7,777 398 989
Message 2 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @whwiech,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums! Smiley Happy I understand if you leave your HP Officejet 8500 idle for half an hour or so, if you send a print job it will go into the queue but will not print. You have to power cycle the printer in order for it to print again.

First let's cover the basics: The HP Printer Does Not Turn On or Respond When the Power Button is Pressed, I understand you have no issue with the power button but the steps listed are what I would like you to do.

Once the troubleshooting above has been completed, continue below:

I would like you to run the HP Print and Scan Doctor- It was designed by HP to provide users with the troubleshooting and problem solving features needed to resolve many common problems experienced with HP print and scan products connected to Windows-based computers.

If you run the PSDR and are still getting the Printer offline error, I would like you to continue here: 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the Printer Will Not Print

I will watch for your reply, please let me know the outcome.

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
11 7 0 0
Message 3 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How can I tell if my printer is an A910a, A910g, or A910n?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
11 7 0 0
Message 4 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I click on the link in your response for "HP print and scan doctor" and a page comes up saying they were unable to find the requested page and asked me to enter my model number and question or key words. I entered as much of the model number that I know, officejet pro 8500a, and I entered the HP print and scan doctor. After clicking on the Search button, it asks for the full model name, A910a, A910g, or A910n. When I choose any of the three, it takes me to a Search Results page, which appears to have a link to the doctor. When I click on the link, it takes me back again to the page asking for the full model number and the question or key words. I'm just going around in a circle.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
7,878 7,777 398 989
Message 5 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

whwiech,

Find your Exact model here: Exact model

&

Click here to download and run the Print and Scan Doctor > www.hp.com/go/tools

-- It was designed by HP to provide users with the troubleshooting and problem solving features needed to resolve many common problems experienced with HP print and scan products connected to Windows-based computers.

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
11 7 0 0
Message 6 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I clicked on your link to find my exact model and it said "an unexpected error has occurred".  Somewhere in my searching, I found it is a 909a printer. I had touble downloading the print and scan doctor, but I finally got it installed. It did not resolve the problem. I cyclked [power on the printer and printed a test page. 15 minutes later I sent another test page and it displays "now printing" but nothing comes out. I am getting very discouraged by the HP software. It seems difficult to use and frequently does not work properly.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
7,878 7,777 398 989
Message 7 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Were you able to get to the Printer Offline document? Please let me know at which step it did not work for you, if it was at the PSDR skip running the Dr and continue?

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
11 7 0 0
Message 8 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you are referring to. I never got a "Printer offline" message.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
7,878 7,777 398 989
Message 9 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I understand that, but the steps listed in the Printer Offline document is where you need to continue troubleshooting:

Click here: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02241610

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
11 7 0 0
Message 10 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok. I started up ther DR again. Under the Windows7 section, Step 2: Run The Tool, i chose the printer that is having the problem and clicked next. At that point, it checked the connection, then a window came up telling me "the full  solution to this problem is not installed on this computer". At this point, I click to install the software. I have done this 2-3 times and it always comes back telling me I need to install this software. After it is installed, I get a window asking if I want to "Connect a new printer", or "Reconfigure Windows settings". I'm not sure where to go from here, or how to get to where you want me to be.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation