cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
WagsWorld
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

8500a 910a OSX

HP Recommended
Scan 3
OS X

I just updated my IMac to a new IMac and went through the conversion procress. I am able to print from the IMac and my IPad, but was failing on the scan from 8500A. The app HP Scan 3 was failing on missing file. I worked with Apple Support, but we were unable to rectify the problem.

In fact I did an uninstall from the Hewlett-Packard folder and now do not have HP Scan 3 any where on the IMAC and the related programs for the 8500A 910A. I have reloaded the the drivers for OSX, but no where can I find the apps that support  8500A 910A.

What am I missing? This should not be this hard to get things reloaded, but have been trying since Monday and so far to no avail.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be more than greatly appreciated...

Wags 😉

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Gemini02
Retired
Retired
16,806 17,101 1,041 2,644
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @WagsWorld ,

I see that you were having issues scanning, but have now resolved that issue. You are missing the HP Scan Software though. I will certainly do my best to help you.

If you are using 10.9 or 10.10 on your Mac, the drivers are installed by the Apple Software Updates.

The HP Scan Software most likely run with those operating systems. They were developed for a older operating system.

You can still scan through the Apple Preview, Apple Image Capture or Printers and Scanners.

What operating system are you using? Mac OS X: How Do I Find Which Mac OS X Version Is on My Computer?

If you need further assistance, just let me know.

Have a great day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
WagsWorld
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I am running 10,10 and understand that it is being controlled via Software update. I have the drivers, but no Hp Scan 3 or application 8500a specific software. I did an uninstall of the software since it was failing, but have not been able find any way to get the application specific apps. I can scan from Printers and Scanners, but as it sits I can not do a scan from the 8500a to the computer. Worked fine through 10.7 which is what my old IMac had. But failed after the load into the 10.10.

Any help would be greatly appreciated... 😉
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation