cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

8600 pro only printing in black & white

HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus
OS X

Hi 

I've recently gone over to an Imac running OS X Yosemite from a windows computer.

I installed the software disc that came with the printer  for OSX 10.6 Mountain lLon which was automatically updated on installation. The problem is the printer will only print in black & white and lists the printer as a generic laser printer.

should I uninstall the current software and reinstall a different software version from scratch.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 6
Level 6
509 509 24 66
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

8600 pro only printing in black & white

HO mikeg7ria,

I think there might be some issues with the drivers as u have mentioned i would suggest you to uninstall the software completely and install the drivers from the link given below. 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=4323648&

While you install the drivers from the link below please select the correct mac operating system and install the drivers. 

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Regards

Aneesh 

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation