cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
BPGeneva
Level 1
12 5 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

8610 duplex printing

8610 all in one
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

When printing multiple page documents, sometimes the "print 2 sided" checkbox appears in the print menu but most of the time it doesn't.  I tried to look at the default settings but cannot find out how to enable duplex printing for everything.  When looking at the default settings for a Word document, it says duplex is turned off.  How can I get duplex printing turned on for everything?  I think multiple pages from a web site might be the only time a "2 sided" print checkbox appears.  Thanks

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Retired
Retired
1,079 1,030 71 125
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

8610 duplex printing

Hello @BPGeneva!

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums! 

There is a way to create a preset for 2 sided printing.  That way if the check box is not there you should still be able to go into the preset dropdown and select 2 sided printing!  The best place to create a printing preset is from TextEdit.  To open TextEdit click the Spot light (magnifying glass) at the top right of the Mac.  Type in TextEdit and it should pop up as the first option.  once your in TextEdit click file and click print to open the print window.

To create a preset for 2 sided printing in Mac 10.10:

1.  In the print Window select the 2 sided printing check box

2. Click the preset drop down

3. Click save current setting as preset

4. Name the preset something like "2 sided printing" and press OK

Now any time you print you should be able to click the preset dropdown and select 2 sided printing if the check box is not there.

Please post back and let me know if this worked for you!

Cbert
I work on behalf of HP.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
BPGeneva
Level 1
12 5 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

8610 duplex printing

Thanks for your suggestion but unfortunately the preset drop down menu does not have the options as described.  The menu on my computer gave me the following options: Default Settings, Last Used Settings, Black & White, Black & White Draft and Color.  I was not allowed to save the current setting as a preset.

0 Kudos
Rickr236
Level 1
10 6 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

8610 duplex printing

Those options should be available on your system. If not, the most likely cause is you're working from a restricted account. You will have to log out of the current account and log into the Administrator account. Then the option to save as a preset should show up. Once done, that preset should be available to you on the restricted account.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
BPGeneva
Level 1
12 5 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

8610 duplex printing

Thanks. This is a new, home use MAC that was set up with only one account. How would I determine if there is more than one account?
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
1,079 1,030 71 125
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

8610 duplex printing

Hey BPGeneva!

To determine if there is more then one account on your Mac you can click the "apple" icon at the top left corner and click on "system preferences".  In the system preferences window you should be able to go into "users and groups".  On the left side of the users and groups window will show the users on the account.  Your account will likely be at the top of the list as administrator.  The administrator has no restrictions and has full control on the Mac.

If you do not see the option to "save current settings as preset" when printing, there may be a slight issue with the software.  I suggest uninstalling the HP Software.  After the software is uninstalled I recommend performing a "repair disk permissions" on your Mac.  A repair disk permissions is a utility built in the Mac operating system designed to locate and resolve issues or errors. After the repair disk permission is complete restart your Mac computer and re-install the software.

To uninstall the HP Software click: Uninstalling HP Software

To perform a repair disk permission click here: Repair Disk Permissions

To Download the Officejet 8610 software click here:  Officejet 8610 Full Feature Software and Driver

Once the install is complete I recommend checking for software updates on the Mac.  To check for software updates click the "apple" icon at the to left and click on "app store".  In the app store you can click the "updates" icon at the top of the window.  Install and Hp or printer updates.  After any updates you should restart the computer.

Once all is done try creating that preset again with the instruction in the above post!

Thanks again for posting back and please let me know if this worked for you!

Cbert
I work on behalf of HP.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation