Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am about to donate this printer because it is awful: Despite wifi connections being incredibly strong and using a dedicated address for the printer, most often commands just don't respond. It too often can't print or scan from the computer. Occasionally it may respond to a print job in 15 min, yes 15 min.

yes, reinstalled eveything on this- software, the unit itself, same issue persists.

this started fouling up really badly since the hurricane.

this is my last desperate shot on keeping this snail, otherwise it's going to be replaced.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@sdarcy,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing slow printing issues with your HP Officejet Pro 8620 e-All-in-One Printer.

This issue could occur if the firmware is not updated.

Let's go through a few steps to resolve this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the links below: 

1. Slow Printing (Windows)

2. Slow Printing (Mac)

Also, let us know the operating system installed on the computer by checking the link: Windows Operating System or Mac Operating System 

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended
I have Win 7. I have performed the above over 20 times in the past 3 months.

Let me be clear, it can take up to 20 min for the printer to respond to a print job.

It often does not respond to scanning without uninstalling and reinstalling firmware and software.

It did work fine for about 5 months.

I am very unhappy with this model. I can see why it is discontinued.

I don't know that I will buy HP again, I had very good use out of 3 other office AIO.
HP Recommended

@sdarcy, thank you for your reply, I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 
Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.