cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
becbec32
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

8625 Setup Cartridge Problem "One or more cartridges appear to be damaged"

HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8625
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I purchased this product a few months ago from Sams. It sat in the box for a few months. I didn't want to set it up until we moved into our new home. When I tried to set it up, it says; "One or more cartridges appear to be damaged. Remove them and replace with new cartridge." So I tried all the troubleshooting steps. 1) Reinserted it; 2) Cleaned the Electrical Contacts; 3) Reset the printer by unplugging it. Nothing worked. So then I went to Walmart and purchased a new cartridge. I put that in the printer and I'm told I need the setup cartridge. **bleep**!?! I am so frustrated with HP products. I had been using a canon printer for over 5 years and had zero problems. I guess I'll be going back to that old printer b/c this product is a POS. I cannot even set it up!!! HELP HP!!! This should not be happening whenever I open the printer out of the box. If I get zero solutions, and judging by what I've reviewed on this forum I'll get zero,  I will never purchase a HP product again and will make sure to advise as many other consumers as I can to do the same. I'm wasting time away from my two babies dealing with this AWFUL AND UNRELIABLE PRODUCT!! 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Bob_Headrick
Level 16
Level 16
33,380 26,737 2,431 9,113
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I suggest you contact HP support.  From a post by Sunshyn2005, to contact HP Support see the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

0 Kudos
greenturtle
Level 15
Level 15
13,397 13,345 1,364 3,546
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the forum.

In the box, there should be  ink cartridges labeled "Setup cartridges", you need to use that to Setup the printer, using purchased ink for a new pritner would not work.

Also, if you are using Win 10 Operating system, can you download the FULL feature sofwtare from this link :

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-pro-8620-e-all-in-one-printer-series/53...

(Please do not use the CD as Win 10 was released LATER than your printer and the CD may not have the Win 10 software)

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
becbec32
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did use the setup cartridges. The printer says that one of the setup cartridges is damaged. 

0 Kudos
Bob_Headrick
Level 16
Level 16
33,380 26,737 2,431 9,113
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@becbec32 wrote:

I did use the setup cartridges. The printer says that one of the setup cartridges is damaged. 

I saw that, please contact HP as described in my post above.  HP will need to replace the cartridge.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation