cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

8625 with 2 line phone

HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8625
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Just bought this OfficeJet and trying to hook it up so that I can also send/receive faxes. I have 2 phone lines on my service jack. I used the phone cord provided for wall to "1-line" port on printer. And then attached a 2-phone line cord from "2-EXT" port on printer to my phone. Now my phone only recognizes the first phone line.  I know that my cord from printer to phone is a 2-phone line cord....both lines work if I take the new printer out and go directly from wall jack to phone.

I also used another known 2-phone line cord replacing the one that came with the printer.  This also didn't carry the second phone line signal through the printer to my phone.

Is there anyway to have my second phone line work on my phone when the printer is wired between the phone and the wall jack? 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
7,878 7,777 397 988
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @SusanB3,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! 🙂 I see you are interested in configuring your HP Officejet Pro 8625 with 2 phone lines and the Fax feature.

I suggest taking a look here at the recommended Fax settings: Setting Up the All-in-One to Send and Receive Faxes

If you are still having problems I suggest contacting our technical support at www.hp.com/contacthp/. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome.

Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution" . If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos.

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The problem is that when I connect the Office Jet between my wall jack and my telephone, my second phone line indicates "no service" on my telephone display. In trying to set up the fax service, my primary phone line was impacted in a way that caused our home security system to alert us that we had no service to that line as well.   I need to maintain both phone lines regardless if the fax is in use or not.

I was hoping to upgrade from my old multi-function device which does allow my second phone line to go through the machine and to my phone.

I don't think this OfficeJet model is a good fit for my current phone set up and use.  I'll have to look around for something else.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation