Note on archived topics.
09-22-2016 12:27 AM
I just returned an 8610 for similar reasons besides jamming.
I think the new firmware does not allow it to sleep
The screen will stay on regardless if I do 5 minutes or 10 minutes.
09-22-2016 12:40 AM
HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 will go to sleep after the time duration specified in the Power Management Setting (5, 10 or 15 mins) if there is no activity. If the printer is shared on a network, one possible cause could be some network traffic is preventing the printer to enter sleep mode. Do you observe the same issue if you connect the printer via USB instead?
09-22-2016 12:42 AM
You may want to check out the manual, and go to the section on HP EcoSolutions to try the recommended steps:
If you need to contact support, the following link will be useful:
Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the “Thumbs Up” to say “Thanks” for helping! .
09-22-2016 01:34 AM
Hello , how are you doing ?
Resetting the printer will help fix the issue
Please, Reset the printer
- Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer
- Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
09-24-2016 02:51 AM
I tried everything, I think because it's on wifi it stays on regardless if my laptop is on or off.
My only solution is to turn it off.
I updated the firmware also.
I think a new firmware is needed to ignore network traffic or to go to sleep unless being used for printing and or fax regardless of the traffic.