cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

8750 printing jagged for 1st print

HP Recommended
HP photosmart 8750

We are using the photosmart 8750 to print X-Rays at a dental office. Every first print in a couple hours for the big prints comes out very jagged and faded. The smaller ones print out great all the time. We have to clean the cartridges a couple times through out the day just to keep the printing clear. I swapped out all the inks for brand new ones and that helped a little, but we just had the problem again with the brand new inks. I have been troubleshooting the problem but cannot find a solution. It prints perfect except for a few per day that come out very poor. I have gone on and looked at all the advanced printer settings and everything looks right. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
1,079 1,030 71 126
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @PPDSLO!

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

I can see that some of the time when printing your x-rays that the print quality is poor.  I would be happy to provide some suggestions that may resolve the issue!  Are you printing on transparent paper, photo paper or plain paper?

I recommended ensuring the printer is getting full power at all times.  It is recommended to have the printer plugged into the wall directly and not a power surge protector.  This may sounds silly but it is a good way to ensure power is not a factor and may eliminate unnecessary troubleshooting.

Another thing to try is running a printhead cleaning for the printer: Cleaning the ink cartridges with the HP Printer Toolbox

If your still experiencing the issue I would suggests cleaning the copper contacts on the HP Cartridges and in the HP printer.  It is explained in the previous document but I can provide a more specific one here: Cleaning the Contacts.

Please post back and let me know how it goes!

Cbert
I work on behalf of HP.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation