Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (294 Views)

8750 prints very slow

I moved the 8750 printer to a new location.  I installed the software on my WinXP computer and the printer is installed using my home network.  I requested a test printout.  It took about 10 minutes to print the page.  It prints one line, long pause, another line till it completes.  I connected using the USB port, same result.  I loaded the HP software on a second WinXP desktop, same result when printing.   The test sheet prints at the normal speed.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Mario 

0 Kudos
Professor
Message 2 of 4 (283 Views)

Re: 8750 prints very slow

Hi there mlavalva;

Are you refering to the HP Photosmart 8750 Professional Photo Printer

What operating system are you using this printer on? Win XP only

Please to this link http://www.hp.com/go/tools  Dowload and Start by running the print and scan doctor,

This tool will diagnose most printing, scanning and connectivity issues fixing most of them of the same action. If the utility does not fix your issue share what errors does it finds, I will do my best to help you.  

Hope this helps;
RobertoR

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! Smiley Very Happy
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (270 Views)

RobertR,

Thanks for your reply.

Myoperating system is WINXP.

I downloaded the Print and Scan Doctor as you suggested.  It found the printer and I ran the test.  At the end of the test, it stated printer was OK, I told it to print test page.  It did eventually the carriage went from right to left, the paper loaded, the carriage went to the right and waited at about a minute to then print "Test Print from the HP Print and scan doctor." This is what happens when I tell it to print a test page or a send a document.  I wait and the document is printed.  Useless to say this is not the way it was working before I moved it.  I tried printing from another computer, I tried the USB port the result does not change.  I do not believe it's a hardware problem.  Unless you have another suggestion I think I will pay $25 and call service .

MarioL

Professor
Message 4 of 4 (266 Views)

[ Edited ]

I hope you are doing well malvalva;

I see that you ran the tool, 

Now we will take other approach  if you want to make the call you will have somebody guiding you thru the procces if you prefer that I understand.

Update the printer firmware if have done that already

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=228&lc=en&cc=ca&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=42610...

Let me know the outcome;  

RobertoR

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! Smiley Very Happy
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation