cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Squeak22
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

A problem with the scanner bed

HP Recommended
Envy 120 series
I'm having trouble with the scanner bed it won't move or the light turn on.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
MarcelusWallace
Retired
Retired
1,728 1,679 114 218
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I can help you perform a hard reset and troubleshooting the scanner light issue.

Hard Reset
Turn the printer on.
With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the unit.
Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
Wait at least 15 seconds.
Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the unit.
If the printer does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on. 

Also, do you have the printer connected directly to a wall outlet or is it in a surge protector or power bar? Even if you have been using a surge protector/power bar all this time and you feel it is not the cause, please connect it to a wall outlet just so we can eliminate the power source as the root cause.  HP LaserJet 1018, 1020, and 1022 Series Printers - Issues when Connected to an Uninterruptible Power...
In this document you will see, ISSUE: Problems or issues may arise when an HP LaserJet series printer is connected to an uninterruptible power supply (UPS), a power strip, or a surge protector.

^ This is not limited to Laserjet printers.

If the issue persists, call us again. If you are in Canada or US call 800 474 6836, or you can  Contact HP Worldwide.

If this helps show appreciation for my reply by hitting the “thumbs up” below, or click the "Accept as Solution" button if I have helped you reach a solution.

I hope this helps, and have a great day.

MarcelusWallace

I work on behalf of HP

★Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
★Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say "Thanks" for helping!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation