01-28-2016 03:24 AM - edited 01-28-2016 05:09 AM
I hope someone can help answer this. I am trying to print a newspaper on A3 duplex but I get no prompt to reinsert the paper to print on the other side like I do when I print A4.
The settings have been triple checked and still the A3 print jobs come out sequentialy on one side only.
My question is does the Color LaserJet CM6040 MFP support A3 Duplex Manual Duplex?
Thanks in advance
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-28-2016 05:17 AM
>> ... prompt to reinsert the paper to print on the other side like I do when I print A4 ...
>> ... does the Color LaserJet CM6040 MFP support A3 Duplex Manual Duplex? ...
I would think that it is more a question of "does the printer driver support A3 manual duplex?", since it appears to support A4 manual duplex.
But I don't know the answer to that question, sorry.
01-28-2016 08:34 AM
Thanks for info dansdaduk.
This maybe the case, I would expect the hardware is capable and in the settings it says so but cant get it to work.
Should I try a different driver perhaps? I am using a PCL6 and cant find a specific one for this machine, certainly not on the downloads page for it. Only a PC/Fax one.
01-28-2016 09:27 AM
>> ... I would expect the hardware is capable and in the settings it says so ...
>> ... prompt to reinsert the paper to print on the other side ...
To print using the manual duplex mechanism, the printer driver will:
- Send to the printer all the 'first' sides (probably the even pages?) of the document.
- Wait for the printer to confirm that it has finished printing those pages (requires bidirectional communications).
- Send to the prtint all of the 'second' sides (probably the odd pages?) of the document.
Your symptoms imply that the middle of these steps is not functioning correctly.
I have to admit I'm a bit confused though:
- Your descriptions implies that your printer is not equipped with a hardware duplex unit.
- But the specifications seem to indicate that the CM6030 / CM 6040 devices are all fitted with a hardware duplex unit, so 'automatic duplex' (rather than 'manual duplex' would seem to be more appropriate.
01-28-2016 09:38 AM - edited 01-28-2016 09:43 AM
The CM 6030 / CM 6040 User Guide manual states:
"Duplex printing: Provides automatic two-sided printing (printing on both sides of the paper). The paper size range for automatic duplex printing is 175 to 320 mm (6.9 to 12.6 in) x 210 to 457 mm (8.3 to 18 in). The media weight range is 60 to 220 g/m2 (16 to 58 lb)"
If you are using manual duplex because the printer driver is not offering the automatic duplex option, it may be that the driver doesn't know that a duplex unit is fitted.
The 'automatic discovery' feature used by some drivers on installation (or update) doesn't always work; ensure that the driver knows that a duplex unit is present on the printer (assuming that one is present):
- For the printer instance in question, bring up the Printer properties dialogue.
- Select the Device settings tab.
- Ensure that the duplex unit is set to Installed rather than Not installed.
You'll probably need to be logged in with administrator credentials in order to change the device settings.
01-28-2016 10:48 AM
Dansdaduk is a genius !!!!!!
Thats it sorted I reinstalled the driver and found the option for the duplex unit, enabled it and now I have duplex A3 printing autmomatically.
Thanks so much for your assistance, feel like a idiot now but was going round in circles trying to figuire this out.
I have a support ticket open with HP about this too, so I will close it and I will be passing on to them your details and telling them that you are friggin amazing !!!!!!!