cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

A3 over Eprint

HP Recommended

I see this has been brought up in the past..... Has there been any further developemnt on this? Just bought a 7610.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Level 3
Level 3
38 38 1 6
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ePrint Windows driver is an amazing tool.  Please check back soon for an update to ePrint.

I am a Software Engineer. I innovate, coordinate, and code for HP.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 4 0 1
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Christopher,

• I installed the driver (HP-ePrint-win-4.7.68.13782),
  • made an a3 document with ppt,
  • found my a3 printer (Officejet 7110),
  • but it was printed on the a3 paper in a4 size...

any suggestions?

I couldn't find any settings in the software besides No. of copies and No. of pages for each peace of paper...

Best Regards

Highlighted
Level 3
Level 3
38 38 1 6
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

frigoblock,

The below text explination covers a few points.

What you can attempt to ensure the job is getting to ePrint correctly.

• Ensure the document is set to A3.
  • Attempt to print an A3 document from another application.
  • Microsoft Reader example of application printing which tricked me.

With or without attempting to print anymore you can send me some more information and I can search for the issue:

• More information you can send to me and I will find the issue!

Ensure the document is set to A3

I am hoping that the print job has worked correctly through ePrint driver even before this response.  The reason I say this is that ePrint does not do any resizing within the driver.  Therefore the best suggestion I have for you to attempt is to insure that the document you print is set to A3 from the application you are printing from.  For instance, in Microsoft Word you would go to the File menu then select print and before hitting the print button ensure that the page size is set to A3.

Attempt to print an A3 document from another application.

If this does not work you could also try a different application.  Try another application and ensure that the page size is set to A3.  If this other application successfully prints an A3 page then the issue is not with the ePrint driver or HP printer.

Microsoft Reader example of application printing which tricked me.

One issue I encountered recently with page sizes occurred when I used the Windows app "Reader."  Reader allows you to view pdf's and xps documents.  It also allows you to print.  However, it is tricky because it allows you to modify the size of the document just before printing.  I mention this especially because I just tried to print an A3 document through Reader and I noticed that the paper size was automatically set to A4 in the print menu of Reader.  If you are using the full screen app "Reader" to print your job, please try again and make sure the paper size is set to A3.

More information you can send to me and I will find the issue!

I want to continue helping incase the above suggestions do not allow you to print A3 pages through ePrint.  If this problem does continue there is some information you could provide which will help me recreate the issue and find a solution.  In this case please provide the following:

• What application are you printing from?  Directly from Powerpoint to ePrint? Or did you create a pdf/xps document and then print from a reader application?
  • What tab can you use to find your a3 printer in ePrint other than recent tab?  (Connected, NFC, Enterprise)
  • How did ePrint connect to the printer? (Through the cloud, on a network, wireless direct) --  Find the printer in the ePrint window and let me know if the icon shows a printer with a cloud above it, or with a wireless connection arcs (bars) above it, or with a network connection bar below.
  • If you are using the cloud, what are the printer settings when you log onto www.hpconnected.com?

Best Regards,

Christopher

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 4 0 1
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Chrisopher,

i followed all your advices, but still no a3 print for eprint.

Regarding your questions:

• I tried to print PDF files and Powerpoint pptx files,  OS is Win7
  • I dont know what tab means, but anyway I tried to send an e-mail to the printer. Even when the file is set to A3, and I send an email with the a3-attachment to the a3-printer (HP 7110), it is printing on an A3-page but in a4-size.
  • The printer is connected via wifi to the router. I configured for eprint  with an mailadress an password. The printer appears at HP Connected in a webbrowser.
  • Regarding the settings I can only adjust: the Email Address of my printer and the access list. With the settings button at the top I can only authorize Email Addresses.

2014-10-30 11_20_59-HP Connected.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
Level 3
38 38 1 6
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

frigoblock,

I'm sorry that this is not resolved yet.  I believe I have a pathway that you can follow in order to print A3.

First of all, I want to express that ePrint is a term we have used in many ways.  We have an ePrint Windows driver, and ePrint app, and a printing pathway which allows you to email a document to print it - this is also associated with the term ePrint.

I want you to try to print with the ePrint Windows driver.  I believe this will produce exactly the A3 page you are looking to create.  I'm sorry that the e-mail option does not appear to be behaving as expected for A3 documents.

In your initial message you stated that you have installed the driver "HP-ePrint-win-4.7.68.13782."  This is the ePrint Windows driver.  When you installed this it provides a printer option which by default would be named "HP ePrint."

If you find that the driver is not installed follow these first steps.  If it is already installed skip to the next section "Print through ePrint Windows driver".

Install ePrint Driver:

1. Navigate to the driver download site: click here
  2. When the page has loaded Click "Download Software"
  3. When the list is visible Click on the operating system on which you are installing the driver.
  4. On the next page there will be a Table, for the option "HP ePrint Software" click the button "Download"
  5. Install the driver by running the program which was just downloaded.

Print through ePrint Windows driver:

1. Open the document you want to print using your pdf viewer or powerpoint program or other.
  2. Use this application's menu and select "Print"
  3. Change the selected Printer to be HP ePrint.  (If this option is not in the list you need to install the driver, above is the instructions to install)
  4. Make sure all settings are correct for the document.
  5. Hit Print.
  6. The HP ePrint window will now open.  This is the ePrint Windows driver. 

With this window open you will see Tabs on the left side, these are the tabs I talked about in a previous message.  Connected, Recent, Service are the regular tabs available.  Now you just need to  find your printer and print.

Find your printer within ePrint Windows driver:

While connected to the same network as the printer, or within wifi range of the printer, ePrint will do the finding for you.  Click on the "Connected" tab.  If you're printer is in the list then select it and when the driver is ready you will be able to hit "Print."

Tags (1)
Highlighted
4 4 0 1
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Christopher,

using the hp eprint driver as the printer solved my problem on the mac. So I can print now A3 over the cloud! Thanks!

Just one more thing: When I try to connect the hp eprint driver on my win 7 maschine with the hpconnected account a failure pops up. Baisically it says: communication with the HP eprint service is not possible. Please make sure you are connected to the internet.

Well I am connected... Do you have any ideas? Ports, Do I need to have special rigths?

2014-11-18 13_53_36-Geräte und Drucker.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
Level 3
38 38 1 6
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

frigoblock,

I  am not aware of any region restrictions.  I will look into this issue.  In the mean time, could you make one more attempt to register using the ePrint Windows driver?

Regards,

Christopher

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 4 0 1
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Christopher,

I was able to connect! It seems like I was using the wrong Username and Password. But now everythings is working fine! Thanks!

2015-03-05 08_39_55-Greenshot Editor.jpg

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation