cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jonesax
4 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

A4 photo paper failing to pick up

HP Recommended
HP Envy 5530
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

The printer works perfectly well with normal paper but when I'm trying to print A4 photos the initial printer pickup doesn't take the photo paper far enough through. The result is that up to half of the photo is missed off and i'm having to help push the paper in as it is trying to do its pick up. I've used the in printer pick up cleaning process to no avail. The paper is HP Premium Plus Photo Paper 280gsm. Its costing me paper copies on the instant ink scheme and the photo paper itself at the moment! Anyone have any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Drakster
Retired
Retired
4,038 3,773 305 603
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @jonesax

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you're experiencing problems printing on A4 paper. I would be happy to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

I understand the frustration that you're experiencing. It sounds like there could be an issue with the rollers slipping, this could be caused by dirt/dust or debris. 

HP ENVY 5530 e-All-in-One and Deskjet Ink Advantage 4510 e-All-in-One Printer Series - An 'Out of Paper' Message Displays on the Control Panel and the Printer Does Not Pick Up Paper
NOTE: I would perform the cleaning multiple times to see if that resolves the issue. 

HP ENVY, DeskJet Printers - 'Paper Jam' Error

In addition, I'm not seeing that your printer supports A4 paper. 
Here's the list of supported paper types and sizes: (plain, inkjet, photo)
Please use a supported paper size for best results.

If you completed all the preceding steps and your product still has an issue, service the product.

Contacting HP for service in all countries/regions except Asia Pacific.
First, go to Check your product warranty to check your printer warranty status, and then go to Contact HP Support to find an authorized service dealer or to schedule a repair.
Repair fees might apply for out-of-warranty printers.
What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process: 
Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options" 
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number 
Case number and phone number appear. 

I hope this information helps. Please respond to this post with the results. I look forward to hearing from you. Good Luck! 🙂

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation