cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
PK33
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 11 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ATT UVerse 5268AC incomatibility with M277 and M477 wi-fi printing

Problem solved with a new router.  Here's what I did:

- Disabled the wireless in the 5268AC and connected my new routers to it (Asus RT-AC5300)

- Configured the router, pretty easy

Wireless printing is now fully restored, clearly it was a compatibility b/w the built-in router of the 5268AC and the printer.  Didn't need to go through any of the 14 steps listed above.

0 Kudos
Level 14
21,074 20,455 1,539 3,452
Message 12 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Guess I was right with my first response.   Glad you got it working.

0 Kudos
PK33
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 13 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, thank you.  Dealing with AT&T and getting a straight answer has been the challenging part of this: from the gateway not having the ability of working in bridge mode, to a long list of things that needed to be done, and finally all I had to do was turn the wifi off (2 minutes).

0 Kudos
Level 4 Liu_Leo
Level 4
106 106 3 15
Message 14 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

there is new firmware released, you may want to see these details on HP.com, under product page software /firmware download page, 

HP Color LaserJet Pro M377 and M477 MFP Series Firmware Enhancements and Fix List for date code 20160331

• Contains all previous fixes and enhancements.
  • Fixed an issue whereby wireless connectivity between the printer and wireless access point is typically lost within 5 minutes of connecting to the wireless access point. Other symptoms specific to this issue are as follows. Checking the wireless connectivity on the LaserJet Pro control panel indicates the printer is still connected to the access point but the printer does not respond to pings and the printer’s embedded web server cannot be accessed. Issue is seen with some DSL modem/wireless router combinations provided by Internet Service Providers that include the HomePNA feature. Models include but may not be limited to, Home Hub 2000, AT and T 5268AC (Uverse), CenturyLink 2100T and CenturyLink 2000T.

`````````````````````````````
I am an HP employee.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
bnlewis
Level 1
5 4 0 2
Message 15 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

To my astonishment, I think I have an idea what causes this problem. AT&T just installed a replacement Uverse modem 5268AC, and now my laptop won't talk to my wireless M477. GRRR! Last night an HP tech wondered if I have two broadband channels on the modem. There are two separate lights for Broadband 1 and 2, so I thought maybe yes. The tech said maybe the computer is one one channel and the printer connects to the other, and I ought to check with AT&T about the modem. Then I read somewhere that to control the modem you browse to 192.168.1.254. Well, I found there aren't two channels, but in the WiFi settings there are two signals, 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz. Both have the same name and password. I also found that some of my devices use the slower signal and some the faster. So I'm thinking that I can change the name for one of the signals, and then I can tell which signal each device uses, and I can make sure my printer and computer connect to the same signal. Now, I guess from AT&T's point of view there's no reason to separate the two WiFi channels (if that's the right term) since they just want to make sure you can connect a device to the Internet through the modem. But for the sake of home networking, we probably need all devices on the same signal. I'm sure some readers of this forum know much more about the networking than I do, but maybe this will point someone in the right direction. Thanks to all who share their wisdom!

0 Kudos
Level 14
21,074 20,455 1,539 3,452
Message 16 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well you are never to have the same SSID name for the 2.4 and the 5 Ghz bands. Because you don't know what you are connected too. You can have the printer on the 2.4 band and devices on the 2.4 and 5 band will be able to see and talk to the printer. It's the IP that is important here. All devices are most likely on 192.168.1.2 through 192.168.1.254.

Like I said, don't care about the which band. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
bnlewis
Level 1
5 4 0 2
Message 17 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Surprising that ATT delivers the modem with same name. Thanks for confirming I should change one name.
0 Kudos
PK33
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 18 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Update the firmware on both the router and your printer.

For many weeks and countless troubleshooting hours I had tried everything you mentioned and much much more, and ultimately couldn't find a solution so I finally gave up and connected the printer directly via the USB port and moved on.  A few months ago I received a notification to update the firmware on my device (honestly I don't remember if it was the AT&T Gateway or my M477 printer), but in the update notes this specific problem was noted as fixed!  I updated the firmware and voila, the issue was resolved.  After many months of denying the issue existed, it seems it was finally fixed.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation