cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
vroberts
Level 1
17 13 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Address in Wrong Place on 6 3/4 Envelope with LaserJet P1102W

LaserJet P1102w
Windows 7

When I print 6 3/4 envelopes in Word from my Windows 7 64-bit system to a new P1102w LaserJet the address is centered correctly top to bottom, but it is so far to the left that half of the address is off the envelope. The same settings printed correctly with my old HP LaserJet 1022nw.  Hpw can I fix this?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Sistafatti
Level 3
40 24 1 7
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Bear with me a moment....My printer is a different model than yours but here is what I discovered. First a little background. My old HP B209 printer would print greeting card envelopes with no problem but when i started using my HP Photosmart 6520 printer, it would just spit out the envelope without printing any addresses even though I selected a greeting card envelope in Printer Properties. HP Couldn't resolve my problem and other souces on the HP Forum said that HP just goofed by not designing the printer to print greeting card envelopes.

Finally after a year or so, an HP Forum member suggested I try selecting the C5 envelope in Printer Properties and lo and behold, the envelope printed however; the return address printed ok but the send to address was off the envelope with only a partial address showing. For some unknown reason I selected "options" on the envelope printing page (a feature I have never used) and learned that I could adjust where the return address and send to address were located on the page. When you click on the "Options" box you can adjust the location of where each address appears on the page. As you change the "top" and "left" numbers you can watch the address icons (which appear as straight lines) move on the envelope. Shift each address around to where you want it and then try to print the envelope again. If each address is too far right or too far left or needs to be raised or lowered just play with the adjustments until the addresses are where you want them. Write your settings on a piece of paper and stick it to the side of your computer tower or someother convenient place so you can remember those settings in the future.

NOW.....don't forget to changed the envelope size back to the default envelope size that you typically use. I always use a #10 business envelope for my personal correspondance. Otherwise, next time you go to print a standard envelope (what size it is that you use) the settings will still be in place for the 6 3/4 envelope you used and the addresses won't print properly. You won't need to change the settings on your default envelope size because it will always go to the default (unless you change it) Hope this solution works for you.

vroberts
Level 1
17 13 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you for this suggestion.  I've used the custom setting before to adjust the placement of the address, and could probably do so again in ts case.  However, that does not get HP off the hook for this error in their driver.  I would need to make four adjustments, two for the delivery address, and two for the return address, and they do not stick, so all four would have to be entered each time I wanted to print a 6 3/4 envelope. I think I will just give up using 6 3/4 envelopes until HP fixes this or I get a printer from another company.

0 Kudos
Sistafatti
Level 3
40 24 1 7
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Amen.........but don't hold your breath on HP fixing the problem.  I have spend hours on Chat with Mujibar in India, even letting him take control of my computer to fix the problem and he screwed everything up to the point I had to re-install the printer software to get things back to normal. Their tech support is useless. I have been an HP customer for over twenty years but like you am considering a change when I need a new printer.

0 Kudos
vroberts
Level 1
17 13 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks again. 

I am unable to move the delivery or return addresses far enough with the custom settings to get them in the right places, so I am seriously considering replacing the HP with a Canon.

I purchased the printer from Newegg and just learned that their return policy for HP products requires an HP Case Number, so I need to talk to HP tech Support yet again and open a formal case.  Based on my last discussion with HP about this printer, where HP instated the problem was 100% the fault of my computer and 0% the fault of their driver, I don't expect much.   It's sad that HP has fallen so far.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation