cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
9 8 0 1
Message 11 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I hear you fish4life. 

What would cost HP just to give me my previous firmware. None I would say. And this would make me happy with HP product once again. As you suggested, I do know that I can use the flatbed to scan but having almost everytime 25 to 40 pages to scan both sides, it becomes really annoying and waste of time. This is not considering that I must re-join all pages in a single document.

Anyhow, I'm still really mad about this situation and I do know that I'm not alone. I understand that you report this to your engineering team but I'm pretty sure nobody hear the customers. At the end, this is us, customers, that make HP or other product companies doing profit. Without happy customers, you will lose market share believe me.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
5 5 1 4
Message 12 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I solved this problem downgrading the firmware to version CLP1CN1232AR.

I downloaded and installed HP Web Jetadmin to do this (www.hp.com/go/webjetadmin). Then, I followed the instructions on the manual (http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01943164.pdf) to enable this option.

The image I used was obtained from the HP ftp site: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/networking/software/pfirmware

The name of the image is: ojpro_8600_n911_g_n_1232A_09272012.ful.rfu

Now I can scan both sides of legal size.

Highlighted
Level 1
9 8 0 1
Message 13 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Gianca69, you just did my day. I used your instruction and I was able to revert back the firmware. I did some tests and it's working as I was expected.

Big thanks to you and have a great day...

Highlighted
Level 6
Level 6
386 384 16 76
Message 14 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Gianca69,

Great find!  I wasn't aware of that public facing FTP site for previous FW builds.    I am still pursuing an official HP FW release to address this.   The hope would be to get a FW build that has all the latest good stuff in it, but still allow those additional duplex page sizes to be scanned.   For now, you've solved the problem.   I'll be sure to point other customers with this problem at your solution!

Jeremy

I am an HP employee, however, this content reflects my personal opinion and is in no way associated with HP.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 15 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried your solution but I am getting stuck on the part where you select a firmware version. I downloaded the one you suggested, imported it into JetAdmin and selected it but it looks like it's not connecting to the printer. Did you do the update with the printer on wireless or over a cabled network?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
5 5 1 4
Message 16 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Jrmexplorer wrote:

I tried your solution but I am getting stuck on the part where you select a firmware version. I downloaded the one you suggested, imported it into JetAdmin and selected it but it looks like it's not connecting to the printer. Did you do the update with the printer on wireless or over a cabled network?

Hi Jrmexplorer,

When I update the printer with this firmware version it was made over a cabled network.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation