Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet 700 color MFP M775
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

After the recent Windows Updates against Wannacry, our printer, an HP LaserJet 700 color MFP M775 model CC523A, doesn’t want to scan to network files.

If we make a verification on the settings of one of the users, we got the error: Error at the operation, Check the configuration and try again.

In the Event Log of the printer we are getting these errors: 42.B0.01 and 44.12.04

If I check the configuration that the printer has from another Windows Computer, I can make the connection to the destination directory and I am able to delete and rename the files that are in the directory.

I don’t know what else to check, everything was working perfect until these updates.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

More information on this. After I rebooted the printer and unplug and plug the device, I am able to scan to clients with Windows 8.1 and Windows 2012, but I can’t still scan to a folder when this folder is located in a Windows 10 computer.

Every time that I press the verification button when I setting the location on the printer, I get the error in the Event Log Page: 42.B0.01 Missing String ID: en-US: cFrontAllEdgesColon.

If I tried to add the location right on the printer, I get the error Path or network path not found. But If I go to another computer, using the same settings that I am using in the printer, I am able to connect to this folder.

The Printer has the latest Firmware (2308209_000585) and I was able to scan to this folder before to apply the Windows Updates KB4020821, KB4016509, KB4016871, KB4016509, KB4016871.

HP Recommended

Can I check if there is any resolution for this? do HP provide any patch to upgrade the printer framewrok?

HP Recommended

Until this moment I didn't receive any reply on this issue.  

I am also waiting for some firmware update on this. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.