cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
psmosser
3 3 0 0
Message 71 of 211
Flag Post
HP Recommended

AirPrint - how to use Apple's AirPrint solution on HP ePrint Printers

This seemed to do the trick. It wasn't the phone because I tried a friends phone too. I had previously reset the router and the phone and printer.

It seemed that cycling the wireless radio function did the trick. Thank you very much. I'm back to printing from my phone happily!!!
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Rustyx111
4 3 0 1
Message 72 of 211
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the great info. I still have an issue though as my HP printer does not show in the list of printers and when I search, it wont find my printer. I am using an iPad2. Thanks for any assistance. Oh, I can print if I cut and paste into an email and use the printer email address. Thanks again.
0 Kudos
jgod654
1 1 0 0
Message 73 of 211
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Dave_K wrote:

Ok, well I'm assuming that since you are looking at the printcenter you have already checked to ensure that you don't have pending jobs clogging your queue. If not, doublecheck to make sure the printcenter app is clear of all jobs and print again. Like I said though, since it's safe to assume you've already done that, we'll move on.

1. First, check for updates on the printer. To do this, go to Setup->Preferences->Product Updates->Check for updates. (If you have tried this, just try again to ensure that it is up to date.)
  2. Next, assuming there were no updates found, restore network defaults on the printer. To do this go to Setup->Wireless->Wireless Settings->Restore Network Defaults.
  3. Then Enable the wireless radio by going to Setup->Wireless->Enable Wireless radio. (If it says disable, ignore this step, it is already enabled). At this point the wireless light should be blinking.
  4. On your iOS device, go to Settings->Wi-Fi. You should now see a new network that will say HPB210XXXX (The Xs are the host name of the printer). Connect to this network.
  5. Try printing.

If it lets you print after following the above steps, then we know there is no problem with the printer or the iOS device. This doesn't necessarily mean there is a problem with the router, however it does indicate the problem is related to the network. Once this is done follow the steps listed below to reconnect the printer and iOS device to the network and try printing again.

1. Connect the printer to the network again by going to Setup->Wireless->Wireless Setup Wizard. Follow the wizard to select your network and enter your network passphrase.
  2. Connect your iOS device back to your network by going to Settings->Wi-Fi and selecting your network name (usually the password should still be saved)
  3. Try printing again.

Let me know if it works after performing the second set of steps or if it fails on either set.

I have the exact same problem. When I try to print from my iPhone or iPad - it conencts, sends to the printer and then nothing happens. If I look in the queue - the job is there, but it just says printing forever.

I tried the solution above and i could not print (the same happened) when trying to print after step 5.

What to do next?

0 Kudos
Rustyx111
4 3 0 1
Message 74 of 211
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks so much for your very informative and well thought out response to my issue. I was able to fix the issue by rebooting my wireless system. I don't know why everything else worked without the reboot but it solved my issue in any case. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to write a very good response.
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
VonRonja
1 1 0 0
Message 75 of 211
Flag Post
HP Recommended

:robotmad:

0 Kudos
BarbaraDeBolt
1 1 0 0
Message 76 of 211
Flag Post
HP Recommended

About 3 days ago my printer would not print.  I have checked the connections and all is well there.

Is it because of ICloud -no connection.

BJD

0 Kudos
CathyAnn
5 4 0 0
Message 77 of 211
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thanks for this excellent post, very informative. CathyAnn
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
hawk12
1 1 0 0
Message 78 of 211
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New HP printer - can print photos from my iPhone but can not print from message app.

0 Kudos
dgrab
Level 1
12 12 0 0
Message 79 of 211
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i've tried all these and still can't get AirPrint to work on my new Photosmart 7510. A couple times I was able to get it going for a photo or two, but then it'd stop until I rebooted everything, including the router and modem and reconnected the printer to the wifi modem and - if luck was with us - Airprint would mysteriously reappear.  This is really frustrating.  It shouldn't be that hard to get this working.

0 Kudos
headsortails
Level 4
135 135 5 24
Message 80 of 211
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What make and model router do you have?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation