cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
LKB0802
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Airprint doesn't work on Photosmart B210a, printing from iPhone 4 or iPad 2 with ios 5.

HP Recommended

Printer appears as available in Airprint when trying to print, appears to accept print job. Printer app starts, but status just spins, never prints.  I've updated software for ios 5, firmware for printer; restarted printer, iPhone, iPad, modem.  E-print works fine.  Printing wirelessly from computer (Win 7) works fine.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Jmet03
Level 3
Level 3
37 37 6 10
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi LKB0802, 

Try unplugging the printer and the router, plug the router back in and let it get booted back up, then plug the printer back in. Try the AirPrint again. If it still does not work, try setting a static IP address on the printer. Do this by finding the printer's current IP address and entering it in your browser's address bar. It will bring up the printer's EWS (embedded web server). From there click on the "Network" tab and then look for "IPV4 [configuration]" then change it to "manual" IP address. There is an option to suggest a manual IP address, select that. Then, for the primary DNS server you want 8.8.8.8 and for the alternate you want 8.8.4.4. Then click apply. Then try to AirPrint again. I hope this information helps. If you still have problems with it feel free to call us at 1-800-474-6836.

-Josh M. 

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!
LKB0802
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the fast response.  I'll try it tonight land let you know the results.

-LKB

0 Kudos
Manuelmagic
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

lIt worked for me!

A big thank you, bye

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
LKB0802
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Took a while for me to try this, but it worked!  Printing now from both iPad and iPhone.  Thanks, Josh!

0 Kudos
Machine27
2 2 0 2
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the info but it still didn't work for me which I thought was weird.  But I have read that Verizon FIOS users have issues with it working due to a table limitation in the router.  So I looked at the web interface page of the printer and I started looking under the Bonjour section since I have read that the Apple Device leverage the Bonjour services for Airprinting.  I noticed that the Bonjour uses mDNS and that it had listed a Bonjour domain name that was a random name that the Verizon router had given it (new-host-3).  I then checked on the Verizon router it self and I looked under DNS (under Advanced settings).  Under this section I found all the devices on my network that had been given an IP with a Host name.  I added the printer IP and the Bonjour domain name (new-host-3) for the host name.  As soon as I saved it...BAM it started printing the test job I had spinning on my iPhone that I had started a half hour ago!!!  It now WORKS!!!

Thanks for the help and info.  You guys got me on the right path.

Thought I would share what I did in case someone was still having the same issue with a Verizon Fios Wi-Fi router.

r26988
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Needed to set a static IP address with my 2Wire (AT&T U-verse)

The steps above worked:

1) open web browser and go to printer IP (http://<your printer ip>). In setup I called the printer .. "printer" (http://printer) (write down IP address from Home screen - will be used later)

2) Select Network tab ==> IPV4 ==> manual IP ==> Suggest a Manual IP address ==> replace Manual IP address with IP noted in step 1. Manual DNS ==> 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (google public DNS servers).

Note: I kept the IP used by printer with DHCP so not to cause potiential issue with ther devices on the network.

0 Kudos
pado
2 1 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have an iPad 2 and I can't print anything from my B210a printer. I think the problem is the router because I seem to recall being able to print before getting it. My router is a Zyxel NBG-417N. Is there anyway you can help me? Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation