cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
montecarlo71
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Alignment of scan

HP Recommended
hp pro 8620
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

When using the auto document feeder it always scans at a slight angle.  This is not the case when using the flatbed.  When using the document feeder just before the paper to be scanned is almost thru the feeder the last part of the paper going into the scanner becomes a little wave.  It almost act like it has something to do with the adjustment that pull the paper thru.  Everything else with the 8620 appears to working perfectly.  Is the any adkustment that will allow the papers feeding thru the document feeder to scan and finished squared on the paper?

Thank you for your help

**bleep**

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Aardvark1
Retired
Retired
3,446 3,272 246 420
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @montecarlo71,

Welcome to the HP support forums. I understand that when you scan or copy from the ADF ( Automatic Document Feeder) the result is out of alignment.

When you scan from the ADF do you adjust the paper width guides so that they rest gently against the stack of paper?

It could also be a bit of dust on the paper feed rollers that is causing the paper to be pulled through crooked. Gather the following materials:

• A clean, lint-free cloth, or any cloth that will not come apart or leave fibers
  • Distilled, filtered, or bottled water (tap water might damage the printer)
  • Clean, lint-free cotton swabs

Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer, and then unplug the power cord from the power source or electrical outlet. Disconnect the USB or Ethernet cable from the rear of the printer, if you have a cable connection to the printer.

Clean the paper feed rollers in the ADF.
  1. Lift the top cover of the ADF. This provides easy access to the rollers and separator pad.
    Figure : Lift the ADF cover
    Image: Lift the ADF cover to access the rollers and separator pad.
    1. ADF cover
    2. Rollers
    3. Separator pad
  2. Lightly dampen a clean, lint-free cloth with bottled or distilled water, and then squeeze any excess liquid from the cloth.
  3. Press the cloth against the rollers, and then rotate them upward with your fingers. Apply a moderate amount of pressure to remove any dust or dirt buildup.
    Figure : Clean the rollers and separator pad
    Image: Clean the rollers and separator pad.
    1. Rollers
    2. Separator pad
  4. Allow the rollers to dry completely (approximately 10 minutes).
  5. Close the ADF cover tightly at both ends.
    Figure : Close the ADF cover tightly at both ends
    Image: Close the ADF cover tightly at both ends

Hope this helps. Let me know if you see an improvement with the alignment of scans.

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Kzett
Level 1
11 9 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem the 1st day I bought the printer.

Yes the guides at the side are in there proper position.

The rollers are spotless.

Each page does exactly what the montecarlo said. It shifts to the same side everytime. My scans look very unprofessional.

I was hoping to see a solution here.

kzett

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation